Are they advertising a Cirrus 'chute demo?

LOL. No red carpet. But the now legendary "free bottled water" is displayed. :D

I think my introductory Fam Flight in a Cessna 150 back in 1974 cost $20.00

And a hour and a half demo ride for a discovery flight? Better include a XC to Stephenville and some BBQ...

Looks like holding out to me.....

Or a way to try and justify that the airplane LLC really is trying to make money, “it’s not just a hobby, I swear. See? I even ran a free ad on Craigslist”

SIX HUNDRED AND SIXTY TWO DOLLARS??????

They rent for $365 / flight hour here in Sarasota, that's WITHOUT a CFI. 1.5 hours of Flight time is $548 (excluding tax), add a CFI to the mix at $65 per hour and that's about $680.

Other reasons aside, what's unreasonable about that from a price-perspective?

I'm pretty sure that's the only certified way to land them. And it must be referred to as a "save".

How much is it if you have a chute pull?

They rent for $365 / flight hour here in Sarasota, that's WITHOUT a CFI. 1.5 hours of Flight time is $548 (excluding tax), add a CFI to the mix at $65 per hour and that's about $680.

Other reasons aside, what's unreasonable about that from a price-perspective?

Other than $365/hr, no.

Nice! They occasionally have P-51's down here, $3k per hour :).
And definitely justified based on operating costs. I was more amused by the advertising style and the “discovery flight” length than the price.

Nice! They occasionally have P-51's down here, $3k per hour :).
Geez, not something I could do too often. . .but maybe once!

I did the Air Combat fantasy thing a while back, and fell in love with the SF-260. I think it cost about $1000 or $1200, something like that, but it was great fun, and worth the price. . .

Back