"I'm not gonna lie..."

“Just so you know.” Well no screaming eagle chit, if you didn’t want me to know, ya wouldn’t be saying it.

My pet peeve when flying is when they say “for the short duration of the flight”. What they mean is the remainder. The duration refers to the entire length of the flight...

What about "right"? As in, that's a great idea, right? Or, So, I have this great idea and it's awesome right? Or "So" and "Right".

Wrong.

My commercial one I hate is "Is ____ your final destination?" I'm like, I don't know my final destination yet! I'm only 53 and in reasonably good health.

"Amazing" is way over used and in the wrong order too. "That smells amazing." "That looks amazing."

No, that's an amazing smell or that's an amazing view.

What about "right"? As in, that's a great idea, right? Or, So, I have this great idea and it's awesome right? Or "So" and "Right".

Wrong.

LOL! That one annoyed both of us until we started jokingly saying it about everything around the house.

Now it is at utter levels of ridiculousness.

“It’s time to feed the dogs.”

“Right??? You’re telling me! They look hungry!”

Hahahaha.

My commercial one I hate is "Is ____ your final destination?" I'm like, I don't know my final destination yet! I'm only 53 and in reasonably good health.

I always mumbled to myself, “No, I still have a two hour drive to the crappy hotel near the customer site,” back when I flew all of the time.

There was a poster - maybe 15 years ago - on AOPA's forums who had as a tagline, "Words Mean Things".
At first I was slightly bemused by it, then after following his posts for several years came to know his style, and I think, what this tagline meant. He never 'opened his mouth' unless it was to add something useful, and if it was something of a factual nature, his offering was well-supported by current evidence. Not to say he was dry or boring; there was definitely a fun and witty side to his online persona, too. But he always carefully chose words and phrases. His posts were never knee-jerk, or something to regret later; neither were they boring or banal.
(Today, I find the world is full of verbal excess and too often people who don't know the words they are using.)

I hope to always remember his "Words Mean Things".

There was a poster - maybe 15 years ago - on AOPA's forums who had as a tagline, "Words Mean Things".
At first I was slightly bemused by it, then after following his posts for several years came to know his style, and I think, what this tagline meant. He never 'opened his mouth' unless it was to add something useful, and if it was something of a factual nature, his offering was well-supported by current evidence. Not to say he was dry or boring; there was definitely a fun and witty side to his online persona, too. But he always carefully chose words and phrases. His posts were never knee-jerk, or something to regret later; neither were they boring or banal.
(Today, I find the world is full of verbal excess and too often people who don't know the words they are using.)

I hope to always remember his "Words Mean Things".
Whatever...

;)

How about when you solicit an opinion, and the dude starts out the response with "Honestly?....I think that...." Well, I am glad you started with that...I was afraid you were about to blow smoke up my ass.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Oh yeah, how much does a clearance weigh?

Well, that depends on how many sectors you go through. One sheet of paper weighs about 16/100th of an ounce. Figure 8 clearances per sheet. so 1/50th of an ounce per sector. If you stay local....1/50th of an ounce. If I talk to 3 Great Lakes Approach sectors, South Bend, 2 Chicago Centers, Indy Center...

Wrong.

I do not like the "I know, right?" response. How would I know what the person knows. Are they really asking me for confirmation that they know? I haven't heard it so much lately, so maybe it is not "trendy" anymore...

My pet peeve when flying is when they say “for the short duration of the flight”. What they mean is the remainder. The duration refers to the entire length of the flight...

Absolutely correct. But they do it all the time.

"Like I said before...", to start a statement or even a sentence at the beginning. When did you say it? The following is the first time I've heard you say anything even remotely dealing with the subject.

Absolutely correct. But they do it all the time.

"Like I said before...", to start a statement or even a sentence at the beginning. When did you say it? The following is the first time I've heard you say anything even remotely dealing with the subject.

Not necessarily. Might have talked about it multiple times previously, maybe even years ago. If someone asks me why I started flying, and I told them previously, I might start the sentence with, "Like I said before..." because I *have* said it before.

Typical waitress: "If you need anything else, my name is Cindy."

And what is your name if I don't need anything else?

Also, "convo" and "vacay" make my skin crawl.

That doesn’t bother me as much as nouning verbs. “That’s a good ask.” “Ooh, that’s a tough ask.” “Thank you for that ask.” Ugh.

Or adjectives. "Oh, my bad." Your bad what, exactly? :)

Using the verb "install" to mean the noun "installation," as in, "Follow us as we do a turbo install." Yet, that same crowd will ask, "How is the fitment of that part?" instead of "does the part fit?"

CrayCray....which also makes my internal organs contract.

Using the verb "install" to mean the noun "installation," as in, "Follow us as we do a turbo install." Yet, that same crowd will ask, "How is the fitment of that part?" instead of "does the part fit?"

CrayCray....which also makes my internal organs contract.

Totes?

Typical waitress: "If you need anything else, my name is Cindy."

And what is your name if I don't need anything else?

Also, "convo" and "vacay" make my skin crawl.

Or adjectives. "Oh, my bad." Your bad what, exactly? :)

It's "am I bad".

Me: Would you like to go get dinner with us tonight?
Them: I'm down.

Apparently that translates to "Yes, thanks for asking."

Another one that makes my toenails bleed is "Fambam" for "Family".

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

"I'm not going to lie...." is like a bureaucrat saying "I'm from the government and I'm here to help you..."

Aren’t you hep to the jazz, daddy-o? I think it’s hella cool, but a lot of stuffy old gomers don’t think it’s too boss.

“<Random headline>.....here’s why”

Ugh, really don’t like the trend of putting “here’s why” at the end.

Myself, I hate the misuse of myself.

ex: Please send any questions to Mary Jane and Myself.

I hate it when anyone says, “I, myself, ...” No way. You, *you*, not you-somebody-not-you? It was really you? Grrrr!!!

Back