Sam's Club Blue Jeans

They're pretty good. For two bucks more I like the Kirkland jeans better, quality is as good but they just fit me a little better. Depends on your shape, I think.

They were out, so yesterday I bought the first pair of Levi's I've owned for quite a while. I am really not impressed. For twice the money you get something Pakistani made, fabric is about half the weight of what you'd expect from Levi's, and I'm betting at least one belt loop will rip out before these are done.

They're pretty good. For two bucks more I like the Kirkland jeans better, quality is as good but they just fit me a little better. Depends on your shape, I think.

They were out, so yesterday I bought the first pair of Levi's I've owned for quite a while. I am really not impressed. For twice the money you get something Pakistani made, fabric is about half the weight of what you'd expect from Levi's, and I'm betting at least one belt loop will rip out before these are done.

I haven't tried the Kirkland jeans. Maybe I'll buy a couple pair.

The Sam's Club jeans wear like iron. I only replaced them because I've been dieting.

Actually, I've never bought anything with Sam's Club's or Costco's private labels on them that I didn't think was at least as good as the name brands.

Rich

I always used to get Levi's 501s, but switched to 505s a couple of years ago (zipper instead of buttons). I do have a pair I picked up at Walmart, when I was traveling and forgot them, that seem to fit pretty well. I think they are Wrangler's. I have bought dress slacks at Costco successfully, and shirts at Sam's. I guess I can try the jeans. I am almost due for a pair.

I has Sam's Club jeans for a year or two. They fit OK, very good quality, wear forever. The Costco jeans are just cut a little differently, more comfortable for me, pockets are, I think, a little deeper. The 505s I picked up yesterday are very comfortable... I just doubt they'll last nearly as long. The Kirkland jeans last longer than my wife would like.

I just checked and Costco online has 505s for $14.97 with free shipping. Not bad (since they are a known fit for me).

Edit: very limited on sizes available

Been wearing Wranglers from Target for years... $15.

Have the Costco jeans and mostly like them, but the problem is, they all seem to have too few belt loops.

Ron Wanttaja

Back when Levi's made Levi's, they were around $50 in most stores. Some places were much higher.

Does any brand make jeans in the US any more?

I get the Costco jeans. Some of them have stretch fabric. 'nuff said.

Wranglers from Walmart for $15ish?, been a while since I bought a pair. They wear well.

I like their pants. Some good deals on collared golf shirts too and shorts.

I’ve been wearing 501’s for 40+ years and I can tell you they are not the same as before. For one thing the sizes vary from country of manufacture, quality and durability has gone down significantly also.

I’ve been wearing 501’s for 40+ years and I can tell you they are not the same as before. For one thing the sizes vary from country of manufacture, quality and durability has gone down significantly also.

I used to buy a lot of casual clothes (polo shirts, for instance) at Sam's Club. Every couple of years, the weight of the fabric got a little lighter. Still OK, but not as good as last year's model. That went on for several iterations until the shirts got so thin I won't buy/wear them anymore. Now I pay the premium and buy 'em from LL Bean, because I'd rather spend too much but get a nice shirt, than spend a reasonable amount and get a shirt I won't wear.

These are the ones I usually get: https://texasjeans.com/products/txj-40-carpenter-jeans

Not as cheap as the warehouse club jeans, but made in the USA.

If it's getting cool where you are, treat yourself to a pair of flannel lined jeans. They're worth the money.
Bump for made in the USA. Good for you! I have about 4 pair of various styles from them. I'd buy more, but they haven't worn out yet!
0249e5722041ace5dbaf7693734ecb5a.jpg

Now that I think of it, I have a pair of those flannel lined Texasjeans in my closet that I have never worn. I got them from Sportsman's Guide a few years ago and they didn't fit me well.

Looks like heavy duty slacks for sure. I’ve had a few pairs of blue jeans in the past but I’ve never found them to be very comfortable. Most just seem too heavily starched or something. I still shop in the little boys section <aka Abercrombie and Hollister> and I like the soft material they make their jeans out of. I’ve always been more of a khaki kind of guy though.

I only buy American eagle jeans they are the only store that stocks 30 34 pants plus they are way more comfortable than Levi’s or anything else I’ve tried.

My wife wanted to go to goodwill the other night, so I acquiesced, and found two pairs of carhartt jeans in my size that looked brand new for $5 each. Last new carhartt pants I bought were over $50, but the quality is excellent. Only better pants I've found are the Duluth trading co. Pair I have, but they were like $60 on sale.

I used to wear Levi's, but their quality went WAY down about 10 years ago, and the price went up. They went from work jeans to a fashion brand. Sad.

My drawer is full right now as I lost 50 lbs, so I was able to pull out a bunch of pairs out from the back of the closet, but I'm definitely going to be checking goodwill from now on.

I’m on a short trip, forgot to pack any jeans or pants. That left J.C. Penny last eve before they closed, in the cold rain I may add.

I didn’t feel like trying anything on, found some at the $27 level. They fit very well, ‘relaxed fit’. No oil changes with them for a long time, Lee brand. I’m not particular, the thrift stores often cover me.

I used to buy a lot of casual clothes (polo shirts, for instance) at Sam's Club. Every couple of years, the weight of the fabric got a little lighter. Still OK, but not as good as last year's model. That went on for several iterations until the shirts got so thin I won't buy/wear them anymore. Now I pay the premium and buy 'em from LL Bean, because I'd rather spend too much but get a nice shirt, than spend a reasonable amount and get a shirt I won't wear.
Yeah, Costco has gotten cheaper and cheaper. I don't buy shirts there any more. The jeans are still OK, though one of the stores has stopped carrying the Kirland brand in favor of (cheap, cheap) other brands. Won't buy those.

I avoid Levi.

Recently, I've done pretty well at the local outlets with stuff on-sale. Khakis I have on today are Columbia brand, built about as well as Dockers, stretch fabric, and were under $20/pair. I can live with that.

Gotta agree with the other fellow about Levi’s 501s. Problem is I ha ent found anything fits better

I don't think I have bought a pair of blue jeans since the late 70s or very early 80s. Then again, dressing up like everyone else doesn't fit in with my individualism....:rolleyes:

When working in Alaska I tried Carhartts for a while. Very expensive and always falling apart. The crotch always split long before anything else wore out. I haven't tried anything from Duluth Trading Co. I am a little leery of mail order clothes and having to return them.

Dockers fit me best. Not exactly work pants but for me they hold up better than Carhartts. And I look good while working.!!

sk_school_uniform_lr.jpg

I don't think I've tried the polo shirts, but these oxfords aren't bad. I have several of them and they fit and wear well.

Rich

You guys also have to pick up a pair of New Balance sneakers to complete the outfit;)

8etWBRz.jpg
Ok, never heard of these. What’s so great about them. My wife is a nurse and she’s always looking for the ultimate shoe to work in.

Ok, never heard of these. What’s so great about them. My wife is a nurse and she’s always looking for the ultimate shoe to work in.

It's a dig on boomers. New Balance markets to baby boomers. They also happen to make good shoes, however.

Rich

Those black leather New Balance shoes are practical too, you can wear them with a wide range of attire. They work in a business casual environment. Nike Airs do not.

To you guys harping about foreign-manufactured Levi’s, I want to know what you’re doing that you need cardboard-thickness in your denim, lol. I usually have 2 pairs of Levi 527’s that last for 2-3 years of weekend use from Oct-April. I think they run $30-35/pair at Kohl’s. You guys must be wearing them every day of the year or riding horseback for a living!

Black New Balance is not a fashion statement, it is practical. I bought my first pair more than 5 years ago, gradually wore them more of the time, as they were way more comfortable than any other shoe I have, including quality leather ones.

Being black, they attract no notice when I wear them with suit and tie at Church, and formal events. The only place that I do not wear them now, is if I expect to dance, the tread is too grippy for that.

Back to jeans, mine are from LL Bean, Lands End, various weights, and two thicknesses of flannel lining. All hold up fine, 5 pair, haven't bought any in more than a decade, wear them often summer and winter. The lined ones are especially good for shoveling snow or hunting. My wife wants me to throw away one pair that has been worn until most of the blue is gone on the wear areas, but I like the extra softness, and they are a little cooler in warm weather. One pair developed tears at the knees after a mere 15 years, not my fashion style, and I threw them out.

Back