VIDEO - Trip to Big Bear, CA

Nice landing in Big Bear.

Love flying up there. Hopefully, you took advantage of their fuel savings. Usually the best price in SoCal for fuel. Cafe at the airport is good, too.

And a rare clear SoCal day! I had an office window that looked at Big Bear; I got to actually see it once a month or so.

Cool video to a cool airport. I liked the way you 'rolled' right after she said it was bumpy, lol

Good flying and nice video. Next time you'll have to give your daughter a cushion so she can see when she takes the controls. You're welcome to borrow, I'm also at WHP.

I swear I heard "1 Bravo Whiskey" recently on the radio

Cheers!

Very nice video. What kind of headset was your daughter wearing?

Love flying up there. Hopefully, you took advantage of their fuel savings. Usually the best price in SoCal for fuel. Cafe at the airport is good, too.

I almost always buy fuel when I am up there, and make a point to if I use the crew car at all. It really is a great destination and a quick hop for us. We usually hike, bike, or go on the Alpine Slide in the summer.

Good flying and nice video. Next time you'll have to give your daughter a cushion so she can see when she takes the controls. You're welcome to borrow, I'm also at WHP.

What kind of cushion do you recommend? I was thinking like a stadium seat cushion might work?

Very nice video. What kind of headset was your daughter wearing?

She is wearing the Halo QT headset. I have 4 Bose A20 and 2 Halo QT. Just on this trip she told me sometimes she prefers the Halo QT. I'm willing to bet it has something to do with messing up her hair. Haha..

http://www.quiettechnologies.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=51

2:15, does she always cross herself when taking off? :)

What kind of cushion do you recommend? I was thinking like a stadium seat cushion might work?

I always have a few of the cheap, square, floating boat cushions from Walmart in the plane. $8 each.

They can stack for shorter passengers, have straps to feed the seat belt through if desired, and I guess could act as a flotation device if you tossed them out the door quickly enough before the plane sank into Big Bear Lake.

a7f86bb0-64ab-4e4b-aaa1-3abbd74505ac_1.dbca8873a213e3d25573e94873aa3d3e.jpeg-5a12808d7f3fe37cab5e2c6d52cbed39517c69fd-legacy-q85-450x450.jpg

Awesome video and a great day to fly! I tried last weekend for a flight over to Hemet for breakfast, but the cloud layer and limited visibility through the Corona Pass made it a no-go for me.

Big Bear is one of my favorite fuel stops transitioning the area. Fuel is reasonable and takes little fuel cost getting back to cruise alt. Being lucky to have a turbo-normalized setup, max gross full fuel isn’t an issue in the summer. A nice field.

Big Bear is one of my favorite fuel stops transitioning the area. Fuel is reasonable and takes little fuel cost getting back to cruise alt. Being lucky to have a turbo-normalized setup, max gross full fuel isn’t an issue in the summer. A nice field.
I do like the returning from Big Bear and only climbing 2000 feet to 8500' cruising altitude and then having a nice descent for a good chunk of the trip down to 1000' at my home airport!

Back