Cogscreen AE Strategy Question

Tim Woods

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
tim-aspiring pilot
Hello Pilots,

I completed the CogScreen AE/ all battery testing. I did exceptional on most of the testing, besides one of the multi tasking tests. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE A STATEGY FOR THIS OR GAME PLAN FOR PASSING THIS PORTION. I take the Cogscreen again in 3 weeks. Also, I am being pushed through to the supplemental battery. Any tips for what I can expect will be very helpful.

this test is the Visual Sequence Comparison (VSC) Comparison of two simultaneously presented series of letters and numbers. (as said by the Cogscreen Site put up by the FAA)

you have to center the line while at the same time identify each character set as same or different. The line moves up & down rapidly and you hit center as the line enters the red area.

i found this pic online under the great gig in the sky

Thank you!!!

GS+exercise.jpg

There are about 100 versions of CogscreenAE, Tim. On your next go that won’t be there. It’ll be different. The author was very, very crafty about design....

Thanks bbchien! Have you ever taken the cogscreen? I know that the Visual monitoring task with always be there. It is on the overview at http://www.cogscreen.com/Overview.aspx. So from that I know there will always be a Visual monitoring mixed with another multi tasking skill.

Thanks bbchien! Have you ever taken the cogscreen? I know that the Visual monitoring task with always be there. It is on the overview at http://www.cogscreen.com/Overview.aspx. So from that I know there will always be a Visual monitoring mixed with another multi tasking skill.
Yup but he's got several different ways of accomplishing what that figure does....

I used cognifit com for cognitive enhancement practicing. Some of the tests are identical to that of the cognitive exam. Quite frankly, the battery list of tests isn't a secret, it's on all the FAA documentation. Just google each test and look them up. There are some practice tests for some, others you will just have to figure out. If nothing else, you get an idea of what the test looks like, so the first time you see it isn't during the examination.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back