Psych Eval - Report Timeframe

W

Waiting

How long have you waited from the evaluation date to receive the report? 1 week, 2 weeks, 2 months? Is there a "normal" amount of time these report take to complete?

Each provider is different especially with how detailed some write. 1-3 weeks is a valid and usual timeframe

I agree with 3 weeks but it varies on how quickly your "collaterals" engage the call from the HIMS psychiatrist. I I've had guys who were long long long in getting the reports and it was because the person the psychiatrist and the airman had agreed that the airman would contact and obtain agreement, that the outside indiivual agreed to talk to the psychiatrist- never took the call.

That's result in " "incomplete evaluation" which is the death of a HIMs psychiatry evaluation. So make sure the delay isn't on your side.

If you mean clinical Neuropsychology, it's about 2 weeks.

I agree with 3 weeks but it varies on how quickly your "collaterals" engage the call from the HIMS psychiatrist. I I've had guys who were long long long in getting the reports and it was because the person the psychiatrist and the airman had agreed that the airman would contact and obtain agreement, that the outside indiivual agreed to talk to the psychiatrist- never took the call.

That's result in " "incomplete evaluation" which is the death of a HIMs psychiatry evaluation. So make sure the delay isn't on your side.

If you mean clinical Neuropsychology, it's about 2 weeks.

Is there an FAA definition of "collaterals"? Can it be anyone you and your psychiatrist agree can honestly attest to your mental state? In short, isn't their role to provide testimony about the applicant?

I’ve been waiting 7+ weeks for my report. Do I have any recourse with the psychiatrist? No requests for more information or missed contact with external sources.. just no report and still waiting.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back