Piper seats

KevinT

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Kevin
Interested in potentially buying an Archer or Cherokee 180. Have flown mainly 172s, and wondering if the Pipers have an seat height adjustment?

The ones I've been in do, it's a gas cylinder deal kind of like an office chair. There's a weird actuator lever that you'd swear was a knob but you push it.... have to take all your weight off the seat for it to come up and replacement cylinders when they wear out are aviation priced but they do have them.

My 180 does not have adjustable seats. It's a 180D. I've flown in warriors and they too did not have adjustable height seats, at least not the ones I've been in.

The one’s I’ve flown (including my Warrior) were adjustable on the pilot’s side only. I don’t think it’s a standard thing...or maybe after 30-40 years people just haven’t replaced the cylinders in some when they they go bad.

Me too as I thought you mentioned you flew an Archer before the Lance....um

I'll be over in the corner if you guys need me. :oops:

I have owned both. Both have a pilots side vertical adjustment. Both are 1979s.

Or club has a '95 archer and a '79 warrior, both have adjustable height seats.

Arrows have gas cylinder seat height adjustment.

Our 65' Cherokee did not have adjustable seats. They were in poor shape so we bought a set out of a 71' model that was being parted out and the pilots seat was adjustable with a hand crank.

Pretty sure my 1981 Archer has it. The height it is at is perfect for me so never had to adjust it...

Me too as I thought you mentioned you flew an Archer before the Lance....um

I'll be over in the corner if you guys need me. :oops:

Other than my dad's Turbo Lance, I was a rental pilot. Flew all kinds of PA28/PA32 stuff.

Pilawt and I will have to come down and harass your airspace in retribution.

It's all good.

Back