Downloading Facebook Live video?

flyingcheesehead

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iMooniac
Is there any good way to download all or a portion of a Facebook Live video (after completion) without installing malware on my machine? (I'm on a Mac, FWIW.)

Call this a humblebrag if you must, I un-humbly bragged on Facebook, but that's me winning a spot landing competition today... In a Mooney!... And I'd really like to get a copy of that minute or so of the video feed.

I actually held the record for precision spot landings: six landings, three power on and three power off- total distance 2 feet! I held the record for about two hours and was beaten by a dude who got it down to one foot!

I went to the NIFA web page to reminisce and read of my awesome accomplishment and somehow they lost all the results for that year (1981) and I am now forever forgotten... :(

I actually held the record for precision spot landings: six landings, three power on and three power off- total distance 2 feet! I held the record for about two hours and was beaten by a dude who got it down to one foot!

I went to the NIFA web page to reminisce and read of my awesome accomplishment and somehow they lost all the results for that year (1981) and I am now forever forgotten... :(

Hence, my desire to save the video. ;)

I don’t see on that page at a glance that it works with FB’s junk.
If it incorporates the Github project, it works on many sites and probably would work on this thread with video linked in. A lot of the functions it has for youtube are around selecting the video and audio codecs and bitrates that you prefer. For sites it isn't trained on, it will look for the video link and grab what it can. Which is why it offers the header edits so you can make the site offer a mobile or desktop optimized version.

FYI - the github project I linked worked a treat on your facebook.com link. I've got the video locally and can hook you up at Gaston's if nothing else :D

Back