Coming to you in 2018 - KSXK

Grand opening today. Over 800 people showed up to hear our Governor of Iowa, local dignitaries, and Boeing CEO Dennis Muilenberg speak and do the ribbon cutting. Muilenburg grew up here and his childhood home is 1.5 miles from the approach to 18.

299920C3-97BD-4813-810C-86C173A0639A.jpeg E214930D-B612-4216-9435-A1BFB856A3F0.jpegEDA46CC7-8081-4C38-B55F-AEB4D7B3D072.jpeg6E59C203-A0AF-4173-9EE0-779E0BC7CC6A.jpeg

Last edited:
Glad to hear it opened, and had a beautiful day for it. I should have taken the day off and popped over.

Very cool! Now it'll take a database update to make it into our GPSs. :)

When does Chickenhawk Express move?

Very cool! Now it'll take a database update to make it into our GPSs. :)

When does Chickenhawk Express move?

The first bay of the red iron structure in the photo above will be my new permanent home which will be finished in a few months. I've got a temporary home in the community hangar and will be moving on Friday! Supposedly FAA is delayed in certifying the approaches which won't be done until sometime January.

Reactions: Ted
Was just up around Beresford last week and they were talking about this over at Touch of Dutch...

The first bay of the red iron structure in the photo above will be my new permanent home which will be finished in a few months. I've got a temporary home in the community hangar and will be moving on Friday! Supposedly FAA is delayed in certifying the approaches which won't be done until sometime January.

Very exciting!

Nice!

Is the nickname for the airport "sexy K"?

Awesome. We've had two airports recently open here in Kansas and a third is on the way.

I did fly into Orange City a year or two ago. It was really convenient for me, I was attending my brothers cross country meet. Landed, tied down, and walked across town to the golf course.

Awesome. We've had two airports recently open here in Kansas and a third is on the way.

I did fly into Orange City a year or two ago. It was really convenient for me, I was attending my brothers cross country meet. Landed, tied down, and walked across town to the golf course.

What? Where?

You guys build shelters to store snow? That's crazy!

But it will be a nice looking place to keep a plane in the summer.

You guys build shelters to store snow? That's crazy!

But it will be a nice looking place to keep a plane in the summer.

We're saving it to make snow cones for the open house in April.

Reactions: Ted
I just briefed a flight online, from KGYR (Goodyear AZ) to KBXK (Buckeye AZ), a westbound trip of all of 16 nm.

There were only a handful of NOTAMS, but among them:

SXK 12/12012 COM CTAF 122.9 CHANGED TO 122.7 1812071654-PERM
SXK 11/11003 SVC ALL COMMISSIONED KEY FREQ 122.7 7 TIMES HIGH, 5 TIMES MEDIUM, 3 TIMES LOW INTST 1811051848-PERM
SXK 11/11006 RWY 17/35 COMMISSIONED 5500FT X 100FT CONC LGTD 1811071648-PERM
SXK 11/11004 RWY 17/35 MIRL COMMISSIONED 1811051853-PERM
SXK 11/11002 RWY 35 PAPI COMMISSIONED 1811051842-PERM
SXK 11/11001 RWY 17 PAPI COMMISSIONED 1811051840-PERM

It's great news and all, but I'm not sure why the algorithm thought I needed to know that in order to fly ten minutes across the Arizona desert. :confused:

Nice!

I see the snow is all gone. Did the snow cones cover the cost of the boat? ;) :D

That floor needs some nice tile work on it.

Wow I missed this whole thread. That's awesome! I like that they had an AirTractor and couple of Pawnees at the open house - I wondered if they were going to 'allow' spraying out of the new place. I helped replace the top jug on a Weatherly in the middle of a soybean field when I was babysitting some guys spraying out of Cherokee. I see you opted for the BAF - that thing will move some air in that small area! Looks sharp! Congrats!

I love it that you did both mens and womens rooms there in the corner!

Back