Children of the Magenta Highlighter

Great write-up! Thx for sharing.

Love this - "correction card is basically written as an apology to the pilot--"

hilarious!!!

I bought some magenta colored removable tape from Sporty’s when I was a student pilot. I learned the first time I used it not to mark your route in magenta or red. At least not if you have any chance of needing to see it at night using a red flashlight.

Try a blue light flashlight.

By the way, have you read "Flight of Passage" by Rinker Buck?
As promised in post #28, I have now read this great book. Thank you for the recommendation...although it makes me feel a little inadequate doing a one-state tour in my 30's compared to Kern and Rinker Buck covering over a dozen states and tackling the Rockies before they turned 18. :)

As promised in post #28, I have now read this great book. Thank you for the recommendation...although it makes me feel a little inadequate doing a one-state tour in my 30's compared to Kern and Rinker Buck covering over a dozen states and tackling the Rockies before they turned 18. :)

Well, aviation is still a thing, I think!

You’ve still got time. Get going. LOL. :)

Awesome! Good to see a cub getting out and about... Pretty Cool!

Very cool trip. I've heard of these stamp programs before; good idea, and I wish my home state did this.

It's excellent. I read it and then gifted it to my little brother (who also flies). It has nothing to do with the flying, but for some reason the one scene that always sticks out in my memory is his marvelous discovery of chicken-fried steak.

First time I've seen this thread. Sounds like it was a fun trip. I used to make runs like this back in the day and loved them.

Good looking plane, too.

You’ve still got time. Get going. LOL. :)
I’d need a time machine. I am as old and probably as heavy as both of the Buck boys put together. The only record I might qualify for at this point is the ugliest pilot to fly a Cub coast to coast. But I’ll have to hurry, or one of you guys might get there first.

20 years ago it was sectional and pilotage for me. I do recall reading accident reports about folks who got lost, crashed and died. Haven't seen too many of those lately.

Congrats to the OP, looks like a fun trip.

Back