Starting to study for commercial

benyflyguy

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
benyflyguy
i finished my IFR rating earlier this year. I am enjoying having the extended ability to flight plan. Still a lot of no go situations. One part of the training for me that I really enjoyed was the academic & training challenge it presented. I still enjoy that part and do spend a lot of time reading, learning, flightplanning for fun. Consider go no go decisions. Try to learn more about my equipment.
I started studying in beginning 2018.. I used my Jepp study book from a part 141 school I started my training back in the 1999 range. It was funny to see about a page dedicated to GPS as “wave of the future”. I then went on to the King course with success.
Lately I have been feeling academically unchallenged.
I am planning on doing the same for the commercial. Any harm in using the older text to prep for the prep so to speak. 0875EC5F-76F5-4C4F-8DF0-55FD56773E5A.jpeg

I don’t have any aspirations to fly for a career or money but I do think learning and undergoing the flying part of this rating would be a good overall to understand better aviation in general.

The commercial training is a bit of a waste if your not doing anything with it. The ground part is private pilot stuff with+ when can you use a CPL. The flying is can you do the PPL maneuvers with the addition of a power off 180.
I dare say most bust on a commercial checkride are about hitting the power off 180.

Back