Best/easiest Way To Peel Boiled Eggs

Like I said, egg steamers are cheap and automatic. And they make soft boiled eggs, which are the favorite brunch food of the Steinholme. Gives it a slightly European flair, which Mrs. Steingar likes a great deal.

The answer you seek (if it hasn't already been mentioned) is INSTANT POT. I have my own chickens and the fresh eggs were notoriously difficult to peel until I found the instant pot. I use the 5-5-5 method and it makes perfect hard boiled eggs. Put a cup of water in the pot and put the eggs on the tray.

1. Let the pressure and temp come up - @5 mins
2. Let them pressure cook - 5 Mins
3. Let them sit in the cooker - 5 Mins

Put them in an ice water bath. Perfect eggs easy to peel.

Peeling/boiling eggs is starting to sound as complicated as fuel injected hot start techniques.

I am convinced that the ease or difficulty in peeling eggs comes from the eggs themselves. The fresher they are the easier they are to peel.

I am convinced that the ease or difficulty in peeling eggs comes from the eggs themselves. The fresher they are the easier they are to peel.

Interesting. We've always heard the opposite - older eggs are easier to peel. In fact we keep a supply that runs 2 weeks old just for this. It's proven itself (to us at least) over the years to work pretty well.

Interesting. We've always heard the opposite - older eggs are easier to peel...
+2
Ahh.. the internet.
Skipping breakfast is the worst thing you can do. Skipping breakfast is much better for you.
Eggs are loaded with cholesterol and will kill you. Eggs are the ideal superfood.
Beef causes heart disease. Beef is heart-healthy, and so is butter.

No matter what you want to believe, YOU CAN PROVE IT WITH THE INTERNET!! :)

+2
Ahh.. the internet.
Skipping breakfast is the worst thing you can do. Skipping breakfast is much better for you.
Eggs are loaded with cholesterol and will kill you. Eggs are the ideal superfood.
Beef causes heart disease. Beef is heart-healthy, and so is butter.

No matter what you want to believe, YOU CAN PROVE IT WITH THE INTERNET!! :)

This^^^^^^^^is true... I did a Google search on it.

Interesting. We've always heard the opposite - older eggs are easier to peel. In fact we keep a supply that runs 2 weeks old just for this. It's proven itself (to us at least) over the years to work pretty well.
Could be. I can't verify the age of the eggs I get, so that could well be the case. By the way, I NEVER eat breakfast. I stop eating at 7:00 at night, and I eat nothing before 11:00 the next morning. It's called intermittent fasting, and I can tell you it works.

It's called intermittent fasting, and I can tell you it works.
...for you. I'll bet I can find 50 people for whom that's also true and 50 more for whom that's false.

Commercial operations will age the eggs for 10-14 days to make them easier to peel.

Could be. I can't verify the age of the eggs I get, so that could well be the case. By the way, I NEVER eat breakfast. I stop eating at 7:00 at night, and I eat nothing before 11:00 the next morning. It's called intermittent fasting, and I can tell you it works.

Hey...

We agree on something....

Roll the egg so it cracks, put in a small Tupperware container, add in a bit of cold water and shake. It peals very easy and narry a ripped white.

Roll the egg so it cracks, put in a small Tupperware container, add in a bit of cold water and shake.

I tried that but all of the albumen and yolk oozed out before I could cook it afterwards, maybe I did something wrong? :)

I thought about poaching eggs once, but decided I'd probably get caught.

I tried that but all of the albumen and yolk oozed out before I could cook it afterwards, maybe I did something wrong? :)

Try making a PB&J sandwich instead....

Try making a PB&J sandwich instead....

I'd probably fail at that too :)

In all honesty, we've tried the roll-the-egg method before, but even that fails with fresh eggs. Works wonderfully with less fresh ones though.

Back