Small plane charter? KMYR to KDYA?

ActiveAir

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
ActiveAir
Have a friend looking for a small plane ride/charter from Myrtle Beach to Dumopolis. Any such thing exist? For hire?

I see an FBO there that does flight training, ask them.

The next option is a nearby airport with charter service, they can pick him up.

Yep, costly. Air charter for a piston twin on that trip is about $4k plus $55/hour standby time. Yikes! I gotta get my commercial!

Yep, costly. Air charter for a piston twin on that trip is about $4k plus $55/hour standby time. Yikes! I gotta get my commercial!

Just curious where/how did you find that pricing? And what aircraft is it? Baron?

A commercial alone won’t let you charge for that sort of Trip.

Start here: https://www.charterhub.com

They have a listing of most/all of the 135-approved aircraft in various locations.

Looks like in Myrtle Beach, "Executive HeliJet" is the place to go, with a Bonanza (call for price), a Baron at $645/hr, or a Navajo at $895/hr. Figure if the Bo is $400/hr and it's about a 5.5 hour round trip, so about $2200.

And a 135 certificate. And many people willing to pay 4K to fly in a little propeller aeroplane to make it worth your while.

Just curious where/how did you find that pricing? And what aircraft is it? Baron?

Called the local flight school at Myrtle Beach. Yes, Baron.

Start here: https://www.charterhub.com

They have a listing of most/all of the 135-approved aircraft in various locations.

Looks like in Myrtle Beach, "Executive HeliJet" is the place to go, with a Bonanza (call for price), a Baron at $645/hr, or a Navajo at $895/hr. Figure if the Bo is $400/hr and it's about a 5.5 hour round trip, so about $2200.

The Bo is not available, apparently. I specifically asked for it. That is what I had in mind. That would have been a done deal.

And a 135 certificate. And many people willing to pay 4K to fly in a little propeller aeroplane to make it worth your while.

Part of my shock. Is there really a market for $4,000.00 Baron flights? Probably cheaper to fly me out there, rent a small plane myself and fly it. Except I am not commercially rated.

Tell them you need some dual cross country in their complex trainer.

Good idea. I would, but I am on the West Coast. I was trying to set something up for my friends who are headed that way for a funeral.

Back