Daily Pic

Early morning departure from MSP. I reached a milestone on this trip. Over 1000 hours of turbine PIC and 1.5 years as an airline captain.

WWDC4D6.jpg

Early morning departure from MSP. I reached a milestone on this trip. Over 1000 hours of turbine PIC and 1.5 years as an airline captain.

WWDC4D6.jpg

Congrats on this accomplishment! Seems like not long ago I remember you posting about becoming a CFI.

How much longer till you make the move to the majors?

I’m tighter than bark in a tree... those cheap things already cost me 5 hours worth of Avgas!

Quit showing off!

The price of a Lightspeed will barely buy me enough gas for the Aztec to taxi and do a run-up. :p

This morning at the airport as I rolled into the parking lot. You old timers like me will know what these are. Millennials may recognize the time traveller on the left, but I wonder how many can name the type on the right, and what engine powers it?

More Cars.JPG

This morning at the airport as I rolled into the parking lot. You old timers like me will know what these are. Millennials may recognize the time traveller on the left, but I wonder how many can name the type on the right, and what engine powers it?

View attachment 78128
Pantera?

View attachment 78128

Looks like a Lotus, but I'm right on the Gen X / Millenial border so..guessing :)

Not 100% sure from the angle of the picture but it sort of looks like a De Tamosa Pantera powered by a Ford 351C

edit: ooops, I shoulda updated before I posted.

View attachment 78128
Your airport is clearly cooler than mine. Our parking lot is full of escalades, Mercedes, and jags. The ferraris and Maseratis are parked inside the fence. I'd much rather see a Pantera, and definitely much rather hang out with a guy who drives a Pantera.

ETA: spell check refuses to let me write the word "Pantera" lol

Congrats on this accomplishment! Seems like not long ago I remember you posting about becoming a CFI.

How much longer till you make the move to the majors?
Still studying for my Delta interview. Hoping for one in November if they have one available. I became eligible to interview in August.

After being smote by the Turbulence Gods last week in AZ, it was so nice to do a morning breakfast flight in smooth air! Went to Mojave, where it's always fun to peek into Scaled Composites' hangar when taxiing by. I went the back way home to Cable because the Windy app indicated it was calm through the Cajon Pass..usually I'm pulling throttle and riding the bronc through here, but this morning it was 135 KIAS and not a bump = heaven! Also, pics of Palmdale (KPMD), Antonov bipe at Mojave (there's also one at Cable) & Pinon Hills (neat to see an entire town tilted at the base of a mountain).

IMG_4561.jpg IMG_4566.jpg IMG_4563.jpg IMG_4572.jpg IMG_4575.jpg

Is that the same yellow Antonov that was damaged in a forced landing at San Bernardino in 2016?

No, the fuselage and wings were stored at Cable for quite a while...fuse was largely intact but buckled, and at least two wings suffered quite a bit of damage. I'm pretty sure they gave up hope on a restoration. There's now another Antonov in a terrible bathroom beige color parked in that spot. My hope is that it gets painted yellow and redone with the Big Panda-Monium graphics!

panda.jpg

Awesome :) Shes finally back home after 10yrs in a hangar. Job well done!

I think there's an old Skylane (same airport, right across from the Lake's hangar) sitting 10" deep in dirt/mud. Would be nice to free up that rental and see a Skylane returned to service.
dude - wtf, no no no I don't need another project ;-)

Quit showing off!

The price of a Lightspeed will barely buy me enough gas for the Aztec to taxi and do a run-up. :p

Going out to Johnson Creek this summer with a aero-gang, I had the least capable bird of anyone... but by god they all envied me at the gas pump! Lol

The one time one of the guys went to help me move stuff to fuel the opposite side, I said “no I got that one already” he says “you only got 14 gallons” I smuggly replied “ well yea! we’ve been flying for almost three hours!” :)

Going out to Johnson Creek this summer with a aero-gang, I had the least capable bird of anyone... but by god they all envied me at the gas pump! Lol

The one time one of the guys went to help me move stuff to fuel the opposite side, I said “no I got that one already” he says “you only got 14 gallons” I smuggly replied “ well yea! we’ve been flying for almost three hours!” :)

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I rent hangar space for the Husky further down the taxiway from where I keep the Aztec. I almost feel guilty calling the fuel truck, as I usually only add 15 to 20 gallons max to keep the weight down. I find myself mumbling an apology for calling them out for such a small sale...

My grandfather once said "I saw her butt once, and I'll never leave her behind again!"

He was quite the colorful character and had lots of interesting sayings...

There are some colorful characters out there for sure.
I hung around a body shop when I was younger learning how to bondo the crap out of things, and there was a really old man that would come in for a few minutes every day.
Overheard another guy asking him if he had been getting any pu**y on the side.
He said (in his old man voice) "Hell it's been so long since I had any, I didn't know they moved that son-of-a-bit*h"

There are some colorful characters out there for sure.
I hung around a body shop when I was younger learning how to bondo the crap out of things, and there was a really old man that would come in for a few minutes every day.
Overheard another guy asking him if he had been getting any pu**y on the side.
He said (in his old man voice) "Hell it's been so long since I had any, I didn't know they moved that son-of-a-bit*h"

Back when I was young and single he used to ask me if I'd gotten any hay for my donkey lol.

PA-22 is presently hangared at our other place on the airpark. I need 2 airplanes like a hole in the head. :eek: One for each foot I guess.
The Coupe is 100% fun.
Please do drop by. It would be nice to see you again.

Paul

I'm not sure if I've posted this before. If so I apologize. I'm landing a new toy at my home airpark. a 1959 Forney F-1
Very nice, Paul! I may have to drop in and see it one of these days. Is that in addition to the Tri-Pacer?

Back