Votes: 21 24.4%
  • Strawberry/Rhubarb

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • Coconut/Banana Cream

Votes: 11 12.8%
  • something else

Votes: 39 45.3%

• Total voters
When someone says, "Hey, lets get a pizza pie." They are really saying, Hey, I'm a dumbass." Pizza really is Italian for pie, not New Jersey Italian.

When someone says, "Hey, lets get a pizza pie." They are really saying, Hey, I'm a dumbass." Pizza really is Italian for pie, not New Jersey Italian.
I just pretend they're saying, "Hey, let's get a piece o' pie"... makes me feel better.

Dessert pie, yes but the comment and response was relevant to pizza.

edit: response to Wayne's post

North Jersey here. If we’re talking a whole round thing, we’ll call it a pie. “How many pies should we get.” If it’s a slice, it’s a “slice of pizza.” There are exceptions, and I’m not going to speak for the pineys. It’s like a whole other world down there.

North Jersey here. If we’re talking a whole round thing, we’ll call it a pie. “How many pies should we get.” If it’s a slice, it’s a “slice of pizza.” There are exceptions, and I’m not going to speak for the pineys. It’s like a whole other world down there.

Sac is going to shoot you. ;)

Prefer custard over creme/cream when it comes to doughnuts/long johns/eclairs.

AKBILL, I suspect you know what pie all us here in the PACNW like: fly pie. What ever they've got at Jefco (0S9) when you get there!

Bingo! Fly into 0S9 and have whatever they have left (unless you get there early enough to have a choice). They're known for their pies.

BTW, if you like fish and chips you'd better get into KPWT and eat at the Airport Cafe before they close the end of the year. 7 months of renovations and repairs after the first of the year are causing them to close, permanently. Bummer.

Now excuse me whilst I go look up "banana moon pie"...that is a thing?

moon-pie-merchandise-1.gif

moon-pie-large.jpg

We just finished dinner....another tradition from my Pennsylvania Dutch grandmother.... apple pie for dinner on the first day of fall. We make it with almost no sugar, and put half a pie each, just out of the oven piping hot, in a big bowl, pour milk over it, and eat it with a tablespoon like stew. Don't ask... just do it.

My YF and MIL love pumpkin pie. It was never my favorite growing up. Maybe my Mom and aunts weren’t that good of cooks because it’s better now. Could be they were using too much nutmeg. I’ve only encountered a few pies I didn’t like. Rhubarb is one of them

Ok... gotta ask... has ANYONE ever made or had that "Mock Apple Pie" made out of Ritz crackers? The recipe ised to be on the Ritz cracker box and it looked awful; the filling was Ritz crackers instead of apples. Mmmmm... a salt/sugar pie. Ewwwww. Anyone? Bueller?

Related story about Rhubarb pie:

My grandfather always used to promise he'd make me a Rhubarb pie, this was around when I was 10 years old. Never heard of it and since he was such a joker I never knew if he was being serious. He was the kind of guy who could tell you something ridiculous with a straight face and you'd be left wondering...is that true??? I definitely got that from him. Anyway, along those lines I always thought that the word "Rhubarb" was just something he was making up to be funny, didn't even know it was a real thing.

Eventually he made me one and it was great, but I only saw the final product, not what he used to make it. So again I thought ok, fine he made it up, but whatever it is I like it! About 15 years later I was in the store looking at the produce and I saw what looked like discolored celery stalks. They were reddish and I thought, what in the world are those? It was of course, rhubarb. And even though he had passed away by then, I realized that after 15 years and from beyond the grave, he still got me :). Took me 15 years to figure out if he was REALLY being serious or not...hah.

I have yet to make one myself, but I've had one or two in his memory since then.

Last edited:
I love rhubarb pie, just for the record. Stuff is no joke. Loved it so much I grew my own rhubarb for years. Rhubarg cobblers and crisps are wonderful, too. Some folks combine it w/ strawberries to cut the tartness, but I like mine full on rhubarb.

Pecan, way above the others.

Then strawberry rhubarb, apple, chocolate chess, and key lime. Not necessarily in that order.

There was a time period in entertainment history when banana cream pies where utilized in a ballistic manner.

Pies over 9" diameter were declared to be assault pies and were heavily regulated. Apparently our founding fathers didn't have 12" pies, so we shouldn't either.
In NYS, pies shall have no more than seven ingredients. This created great furor in the baking community, so it was agreed that a maximum of ten ingredients were acceptable.

If ice cream is available: Blackberry Cobbler

No ice cream available: Coconut Cream Pie

That said, about the only pies I would turn down are pumpkin and shepherd's.

SWEETY PIE Nothing else even comes close.

My top 3 favorites:
1. Round
2. Square
3. Rectangular

A pie I made a couple of years ago at Christmas. When I started to put it together, I was informed that both our pie plates were loaned out. I did some quick math and realized a quarter sheet pan is nearly the same area as a 9" round. So, this year, Pie were Square. Ok, rectangle...

hb1-jpg.43382

Back