A day in the life of internet pilots.

Abs .... Ohhhh.... Lute.... Lee!!!! Best one yet. The depiction of the 100-hour hotshot was way too accurate to be funny, sadly. OK, it was funny. Just way too accurate. Did you get permission to quote those posters? ;)

You didn’t mention north up or track up? Low wing or high wing?
But I did hear you wanted a Mooney

Tom

Haha. I have several more in the queue. And always accepting ideas

In that case,...

New member: My goal is to become an airline pilot. I have ADHD, an old DUI bust (well, actually 3 but 2 were dismissed because the cop was a racist), and I’m living at a rehab facility while recovering from a cocaine habit. If I get my diabetes under control and go 6 months without taking my antidepressant, can I get a first class medical?

Chorus of 100 POA voices in unison: CALL DR. BRUCE!!

In that case,...

New member: My goal is to become an airline pilot. I have ADHD, an old DUI bust (well, actually 3 but 2 were dismissed because the cop was a racist), and I’m living at a rehab facility while recovering from a cocaine habit. If I get my diabetes under control and go 6 months without taking my antidepressant, can I get a first class medical?

Chorus of 100 POA voices in unison: CALL DR. BRUCE!!

Hahah added to the list

Gotta work in something along the lines of a poster asking a question, getting a bunch of good thoughtful answers, and then the OP telling everyone they have no idea what they're talking about because he didn't get the answer he wanted.

D83D1585-68AF-4629-BEEF-10B9980D4615.jpeg A photo of my Redfoot tortoise Rosita (Rosie for short) for absolutely no discernible reason. Other than it seems appropriate though I really don’t know why.
Really funny video.

if during sexy bedroom time, my wife tells me to line up and wait.....

And Henning needs to make an appearance into this series some how.....

Initial points for satirical caricature. Bonus points if he interrupts with a face time call and takes over the segment with even more bombast.

junk.jpg

Other reliable topics:

Should I take out my LORAN/ADF/GPS-that-can’t-be-updated, or keep it as a backup just in case?

[NA] “My, my, I just made myself a really good cup of coffee with the XYZ apparatus/method/bean. I really do think that makes the best coffee, don’t you? If you don’t agree with me, I’m sure it’s only because you’ve never used the XYZ apparatus/method/bean. Once you do, you’ll never be satisfied with coffee made another way again.”

[NA]...”should I get the flu vaccine this year?”

[NA] “My, my, I just made myself a really good cup of coffee with the XYZ apparatus/method/bean. I really do think that makes the best coffee, don’t you? If you don’t agree with me, I’m sure it’s only because you’ve never used the XYZ apparatus/method/bean. Once you do, you’ll never be satisfied with coffee made another way again.”

Same on all non-aviation boards. And the same person will post two days later that they drink the swill from Starbucks. LOL.

Then there is the student...

"I don't need a CFI to teach me flying.... there is this guy in North Texas who has a you tube channel and a Grumman Traveller who, for the right sized wad of currency, will take care of everything. He even has been to the FAA to talk about this and walked out without any problems. So he's got to be legit, right?"

Be sure to add mention of a 100-post thread in which the legal minutiae of an approach is hashed out; the FAA making everyone into lawyers-in-training......all to the exclusion of anything practical regarding getting the airplane to the runway!

Have you covered the teardrop entry into the pattern yet?

I’m gonna have to try that hot start technique.
It's easier to just go full throttle, boost pump on, mixture idle cut off and letter rip.

Naw... His technique is prolly better than mine. I'm turbo charged.

Back