What Items/Equip Needed to Start & Pass?

Windpane

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Windpane
Knee board, head set,....

What else?

:rolleyes1: Is it pricey? Hehe

I'm plenty devoted.

Instructor first. Find a good one. Pick their brain. They know way more about flying than you do right now. And fellow pilots around the airport. And ensure you can meet medical requirements, as others have already mentioned.

Money is the key with enough money,you can buy the rest including an airplane.

Money, medical, money, a cheap kneeboard, money, a good ground study course, money, copy of the FAR/AIM, money, money, the ACS for private pilot, money... you get the idea.

Spend $200 on a deluxe flight bag: https://www.sportys.com/pilotshop/m...RSjshKJLc4eqiDT55k6ipiJRHjJOM8oxoCEekQAvD_BwE

Just kidding. Please don't don't do this. Get any reasonable bag you can find for <$50

Most importantly:
-Ensure you have the financial fortitude to afford it start to finish. Heartbreaking when someone bails half way through because of money.. at that point whatever you spent becomes a waste (sort of)
-Time.. plan to fly 1-3 times per week. 1 is minimum. If you fly less than that half your lessons will be going over stuff from last time, and you'll feel discouraged

I don't think you need a headset JUST yet, if the place you get your lessons from has loaners / rentals. The reason is, let's say 3 months later you are 10 hrs in and decide this really wasn't for you.. you now you've got an expensive headset to offload

Also, the whole "buy a cheap headset now and a nice one later" doesn't make sense.. why spend $200 today and $1000 in a year? When you can just spend the $1000 today (for example) and save yourself $200 and take care of your ears and overall comfort and fatigue levels that much longer. If you plan to take pax you can always buy a few cheap ones for them after PPL. Your ears are important, take care of them

Also, do you get motion sick? Doesn't hurt to have one or two airsick bags the first few times you go.. you never know, and it sucks to vomit into an airplane. Never happened to me, or when I was in a plane, but a few of my friends are instructors and within their first year of instruction they all had someone get sick either on the floor, the panel, or into their Bose headset case

If you plan to take pax you can always buy a few cheap ones for them after PPL. Your ears are important, take care of them

Also, do you get motion sick?

What is pax and PPL?

And no motion sickness or fear of heights. I used to be a tree climbing arborist plus lots of athletic jobs and sports. These things made me learn to hammer down the controls of my mind...way down. I'm addicted to heights. lol And control.

Money is the key with enough money,you can buy the rest including an airplane.

More money

Wallet.

To hold the money.

...And an airplane.

Money, medical, money, a cheap kneeboard, money, a good ground study course, money, copy of the FAR/AIM, money, money, the ACS for private pilot, money... you get the idea.

A wife or significant other that doesn't use your money on crap neither of you need.

My wife is not one of those wives, sometimes I wonder if I will ever fly.

What is pax and PPL?

And no motion sickness or fear of heights. I used to be a tree climbing arborist plus lots of athletic jobs and sports. These things made me learn to hammer down the controls of my mind...way down. I'm addicted to heights. lol And control.
Haha cool!

Pardon, pax is passenger, and PPL is private pilot license

Back