Checking out on the 182 M

Justin M

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
JM
I was reading the North Up and Track Up debate, but then I decided I wanted to post a new thread about getting checked out on the 182M.

Two thoughts.

Wow! Very nice and comfortable. I think my Darling will like flying in this plane ... really smooth compared to the 172s we have been flying.

Wow! So much faster! I mean, I know that it's a slow 182 compared to everyone else's 182 (I think it's max is likely 140 MPH), I fly at 2300 RPM, 23 MP, so probably closer to 135, not the 150 the book claims.

But I was flying from Orange County NY (KMGJ) to Calwell NJ (KCDW) and I got there so fast, I was a little behind in my descent to stay out of the Bravo.

I think my Darling will like the faster plane too. I guess it's only 15-20 knots faster than the 172, but still, on a 200 mile flight, she'll appreciate that 20 minutes savings.

Congrats! You'll see better on longer flight where you can get the TAS advantage of a higher cruising altitude. At 23 squared, I usually get around 150mph on a K model with no wheel pants.

Congrats! You'll see better on longer flight where you can get the TAS advantage of a higher cruising altitude. At 23 squared, I usually get around 150mph on a K model with no wheel pants.

I wish I were getting 150 MPH! We have pants on the main wheels. I finished the check out yesterday. Today is a beautiful day and I'm tempted to take it out on my own, but I will spend the afternoon with my darling instead.

Back