Daily Pic

E73CE675-C91C-4CF1-AF83-5C97DA254061.jpeg
Had an aerodate Sunday... she freaking loved it... even our slight tailwind landing on a less than smooth turf runway... we had burgers w some of my old flying buddies and got done and I said “we got a few hours before I gotta be back, what u want to do?” She looked at me dumbfounded and said “let’s go fly more!” This is a first for me... I’m feeling a bit smitten

View attachment 77702
Had an aerodate Sunday... she freaking loved it... even our slight tailwind landing on a less than smooth turf runway... we had burgers w some of my old flying buddies and got done and I said “we got a few hours before I gotta be back, what u want to do?” She looked at me dumbfounded and said “let’s go fly more!” This is a first for me... I’m feeling a bit smitten

The best way to start a long and successful marriage is by making sure she's enthusiastic about aviation. The first time we flew together, it was crazy turbulent but my (now) wife loved it anyway. That's when I really knew she was a keeper. :)

I got so excited about the Avanti on the ramp last week.... apparently they're a dime a dozen lol. Took some pictures this time. The green one last week was prettier though:
KIMG0363.JPG KIMG0364.JPG KIMG0365.JPG

33C62B80-84AE-43BF-9B6A-97D99F5ABF11.jpeg C724A908-BAD1-4A8F-A118-DD3AAA927AB7.jpeg Took an amazingly great flight today up to Orange County NY! Got these two while crossing the Hudson River. The first is some quarry that is on the banks of the river. The second is looking south towards New York City with the new Tappan Zee Bridge in the foreground.

Last edited:
View attachment 77702
Wife....new girlfriend??

View attachment 77978 View attachment 77977 Took an amazingly great flight today up to Orange County NY! Got these two while crossing the Hudson River. The first is some quarry that is on the banks of the river. The second is looking south towards New York City with the new Gov. Mario M. Cuomo Bridge in the foreground.

FIFY. Sorry... can't argue with the government. ;) Nice pics.. must have been a beautiful flight. It'll ALWAYS be the Tappan Zee bridge to me.

FIFY. Sorry... can't argue with the government. ;) Nice pics.. must have been a beautiful flight. It'll ALWAYS be the Tappan Zee bridge to me.

Thanks! Yeah it was unreal. Even more unreal was the ATC work being done in that sector today. I’ve flown a lot in NY APPROACH control and today was the busiest I’ve ever experienced. The woman working 120.8 today was literally non stop for about the 20 minutes I was in her sector vectoring arrivals into HPN and LGA. Her work made the flight even more spectacular as I was able to listen to a true master of her craft in action while I just flew along taking in the scenery! I normally just thank the controller for their help but today I had to throw into my sign off “great work today” when she switched me to the next controller.

Just got back from Page, AZ. Shoulda picked a day with lower winds...from Page to Vegas, headwinds at 8500 ft ranged from 30 to 44 knots, with paint-shaker turbulence to match! Nevertheless, yesterday's sunset flight over Lake Powell made the trip worthwhile.

Page itself is pretty small...my hotel was on the far side of town, but only a 20-minute walk. Classic Aviation FBO is small, but top-notch. Lots of local traffic from professional sightseeing ops.

IMG_4534.jpg IMG_4544.jpg IMG_4539.jpg

Just got back from Page, AZ. Shoulda picked a day with lower winds...from Page to Vegas, headwinds at 8500 ft ranged from 30 to 44 knots, with paint-shaker turbulence to match! Nevertheless, yesterday's sunset flight over Lake Powell made the trip worthwhile.

Page itself is pretty small...my hotel was on the far side of town, but only a 20-minute walk. Classic Aviation FBO is small, but top-notch. Lots of local traffic from professional sightseeing ops.

View attachment 77980 View attachment 77981 View attachment 77982

Did you ever fly Page to Moab (Canyonlands field) route? Really worth the trip! After some weeks of flying in the area this was one of my last trips and I was amazed by the views :).

View attachment 77978 View attachment 77977 Took an amazingly great flight today up to Orange County NY! Got these two while crossing the Hudson River. The first is some quarry that is on the banks of the river. The second is looking south towards New York City with the new Tappan Zee Bridge in the foreground.

Sing Sing lower left, aka, being "Sent up the river..."

Sing Sing lower left, aka, being "Sent up the river..."

And, just north of that (further towards the bottom of the picture, by the marina) is a pretty good, fun seafood restaurant.. been there quite a few times, but can't remember the name. I know because the first time I tried to find the restaurant, my GPS took me to Sing Sing. The food wasn't quire as good there.

Wife....new girlfriend??

New GF :) I was just “dating” her till we went flying now I’ll use the term GF! She can’t wait to go again! She text me this week and said “ Is your 140 a standard 140 or a 140a?” She was reading up on em! Definitely keeping this one around!!!

New GF :) I was just “dating” her till we went flying now I’ll use the term GF! She can’t wait to go again! She text me this week and said “ Is your 140 a standard 140 or a 140a?” She was reading up on em! Definitely keeping this one around!!!
Excellent!! Sounds like a keeper!

I hope you texted back "Will you marry me?" :)

I hope you texted back "Will you marry me?" :)

Not quite yet- but it crossed my mind! She wants to learn how to fly a bit even! I guess I better see if I need cylinder work this annual before I ring shop... piston rings may take the priority :) but yea I’m probably dumb for not asking then and there!

I’m 40 she’s 29, most of my airport buddies are older than me, I asked if she wud mind going to piloted breakfast Sunday at the local diner but all the guys are older than me, she said “I’m a barber that’s what I’m used to- gotta have breakfast”. Definitely a keeper!

20190829_185813 (2).jpg 20190902_131842 (3).jpg 20190902_132916 (2).jpg

View attachment 77980 View attachment 77981 View attachment 77982

Was just there over Labor Day weekend. Dropped off and picked up my daughter and her friends for a house boat trip. 4 trips over the Canyon. One day for some reason, I thought I'd fly out there mid afternoon. Had to dodge the t-storms and decent turb. Waited until after 5:30pm to fly back.

Alittle photo enhancements.

View attachment 78009 View attachment 78010 View attachment 78011

Last edited:
Thanks! Yeah it was unreal. Even more unreal was the ATC work being done in that sector today. I’ve flown a lot in NY APPROACH control and today was the busiest I’ve ever experienced. The woman working 120.8 today was literally non stop for about the 20 minutes I was in her sector vectoring arrivals into HPN and LGA. Her work made the flight even more spectacular as I was able to listen to a true master of her craft in action while I just flew along taking in the scenery! I normally just thank the controller for their help but today I had to throw into my sign off “great work today” when she switched me to the next controller.

Yeah, those folk are always busy.
That's why I never bother them when I fly through the NYC airspace.
:devil:

Yeah, those folk are always busy.
That's why I never bother them when I fly through the NYC airspace.
:devil:

That’s an interesting take. ;) I was handed off to her but never bothered her a second and actually never talked to her besides signing on and checking off. I bet they’d rather be aware of you and able to talk with you than having no ability to communicate but I get where you are coming from Shep.

6d23a62725ad2a07c04e1da146bb9446.jpg

Did you ever fly Page to Moab (Canyonlands field) route? Really worth the trip! After some weeks of flying in the area this was one of my last trips and I was amazed by the views :).

No, I haven't. I'll certainly check it out on my next trip up that way. My Page trip was initially more ambitious...was gonna go to Monument Valley and maybe Bryce Canyon too, but I was so pummeled by the turbulence that I decided to scale it back!!

View attachment 78012 View attachment 78013 View attachment 78014

Was just there over Labor Day weekend. Dropped off and picked up my daughter and her friends for a house boat trip. 4 trips over the Canyon. One day for some reason, I thought I'd fly out there mid afternoon. Had to dodge the t-storms and decent turb. Waited until after 5:30pm to fly back.

Alittle photo enhancements.

View attachment 78009 View attachment 78010 View attachment 78011
That is one fine looking Comanche

View attachment 77702

You need to get her a better quality headset. Nothing says love like a Lightspeed Zulu 3.

Awesome :) Shes finally back home after 10yrs in a hangar. Job well done!

I think there's an old Skylane (same airport, right across from the Lake's hangar) sitting 10" deep in dirt/mud. Would be nice to free up that rental and see a Skylane returned to service.

Back