For Sale Century One autopilot

Briar Rabbit

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Rob
We are upgrading to a two axis autopilot. Our Century one single axis autopilot is available with the T&B control head and the servo controlling the ailerons. Currently installed in a 1970 Centurion 210K. Functions as it should when removed but will be sold as is. $1,950.

Or best offer? We need to decide if we are going to install a new T & B or use the one in the airplane now. The T & B is the brain for the Century One autopilot. To install this autopilot a person will need to swap out their 3 1/8" T & B and add the one servo in the wing to run the aileron. You do not need to change the radio rack so it is a real easy install. It will do manual standard rate turns or straight and level on command or follow a heading if hooked into a CDI. We had a toggle switch that allowed selection of the heading for one of two different CDI's.

Any offers over the price of a new internally lighted T & B will be considered!

Last edited:
It will? I thought it could only do roll mode and CDI track?
century1_autopilot_350w.jpg

You are correct, no heading bug. I edited my post with a correction.
The following is from Century's web site:

"Century I is an all-electric, rate-based, lightweight, single axis, roll/heading lateral stabilization autopilot. Vacuum system failures will not affect the operation or performance of the Century I. An electric servo on the aileron control system provides the control force for the wing-leveling stabilization and pilot-commanded, knob-controlled turns at rates of up to 200°/minute.

The system utilizes a tilted rate gyro to sense rate of turn and roll rate in its 3-inch lighted standard turn indicator. The indicator includes an inclinometer (ball) for slip/skid indications, and VOR/LOC radio signal tracking is standard."

It will follow a GPS direct course via a CDI also.

$800 The company making our new panel is going to cut the aluminum in the morning so we need to decide if we are going to reinstall the Century One Turn Coordinator or replace it with a Mid continent style without the two control knobs. If anyone is interested in the Century One autopilot control head /Turn Coordinator we will throw in the servo and bracket. So a single axis autopilot system. Last chance - need to know by 8 Central time. Worked when it was removed but as is. Again $800 !!!

$800 The company making our new panel is going to cut the aluminum in the morning so we need to decide if we are going to reinstall the Century One Turn Coordinator or replace it with a Mid continent style without the two control knobs. If anyone is interested in the Century One autopilot control head /Turn Coordinator we will throw in the servo and bracket. So a single axis autopilot system. Last chance - need to know by 8 Central time. Worked when it was removed but as is. Again $800 !!!
Wow, that's a really good deal! I'd be jumping all over it if I didn't already have one.

Two questions.

Is it 12 or 24 v?
Did it hunt at all or lock in when it"Worked when it was removed but as is"?

Two questions.

Is it 12 or 24 v?
Did it hunt at all or lock in when it"Worked when it was removed but as is"?
It is 12 volt. If I established the course on the CDI prior to engaging the autopilot it would lock on and would track fine. I flew from central Nebraska to Oshkosh in July and it flew wings level the whole way and never varied by more than a tenth of a mile or two. But if I was several miles off of the course center line when the autopilot was first engaged it would hunt and I would then help it to get established.

Decided to go with a new Mid-Continent turn coordinator this morning - so autopilot is still for sale. I did not want two knobs on our panel that do not do anything.

Briar,
This is Nelson Amen in San Antonio, Texas. Please let me know what aircraft from which you are pulling the C-1. I own a 1976 Beechcraft Sundowner and looking for a used C-1 to install. Thanks.

My email address is - - - - nelson dot p dot amen at gmail dot com. Send photos if you have them handy. Thanks in advance for your time.

Good luck with the panel upgrade. Hang on to your wallet!

Be safe,
Nelson
210-834-1991

whoops - - - just noticed .... 1970 Centurion.

Now to hunt for the proper bracket that goes below my floorboards ......

Back