Flying Club Openings - KJYO (Leesburg, VA - DC Metro)

TknoFlyer

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
John T
Blue Ridge Flyers is a non-profit corporation managing N2871R, a 1967 C182K Skylane, based at Leesburg, VA (KJYO) [south ramp, E4]. This plane is a very capable and solid IFR platform at a very competitive cost.

Plane features
· Long range tanks (79 gallons)
· Garmin GNS-430W
· Garmin SL-30 nav/radio w/ILS (dual ILS)
· Appareo Stratus ESGi (1090ES ADS-B Out and ForeFlight integration)
· 4-place intercom w/music input
· Electric backup AI
· JPI-800 engine monitor
· Digital clock/timer
· Leather interior (good condition)
· Handheld radio antenna input
· Useful load: 984lb

Fees and rates
· Buy-in of $3500 (refundable upon departure from the club)
· Monthly fee of $85 (covers all fixed costs including tie-down and insurance)
· Hourly rate is $125 (wet)

Club features
· Flight time is billed as Hobbs time w/no min daily rate (great for vacations)
· Scheduling managed via http://aircraftclubs.com
· Limit of 2 concurrent reservations

Pilot Requirements
· PP-ASEL w/valid medical
· High performance endorsement
· 5 hrs make/model

(HP and make/model time can be earned in the club)

For more information
http://BlueRidgeFlyers.org
blueridgeflyers@gmail.com

Last edited:
A club aircraft billed on Hobbs?

FWIW, in a CS prop airplane it's not a huge difference. My 182 generally works out to .2 difference even over several hour flights. It really only makes a difference if you spend a lot of time idling on the ground.

The 200TT requirement has been removed.

The 200TT requirement has been removed.

What is the TT requirement now?

Is there an instructor affiliated with the club who would be able to train someone for their instrument rating?

I'm a new pilot and dumb when it comes to club rules/fees. I'll also say I'm in the other Washington (state) so if you don't want to respond to me that is fine. However, I'm curious what the 3500 buy in facilitates as it looks like it is refundable upon departure. I think your wet rental rate and monthly fees are great and would consider joining if I were local to you as I'm currently paying about the same to rent a 172. But the refundable buy in is something I don't think I've seen before and I was just curious as to the why it would be part of a contract. Is there a minimum amount of time a person remain in the club to get the money back? If this question crosses any lines of PoA rule I'll be happy to delete it. Just trying to educate myself at this point.

...the refundable buy in is something I don't think I've seen before and I was just curious as to the why it would be part of a contract. Is there a minimum amount of time a person remain in the club to get the money back?
In our case, it's a purchase of a share in the not-for-profit corporation that owns the plane and the "refund" is the club buying back the share on the member's departure. Good question! :)

Back