AlexSturg

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
AlexSturg
1. Is there in scholarships that I can apply for to pay for flight training or college itself?

2. Is there a better route for my education/flight training?

Last edited:
Hi my name is Alex and I'm currently a senior in highschool with a PPL. I'm looking over the summer at getting my commercial and instrument rating. Then going to college and pursue a career in aviation. I just had a couple questions that I think the internet could help out a lot with!

1. Is there in scholarships that I can apply for to pay for flight training or college itself?

2. Is there a better route for my education/flight training?

This is also my first post on any discussion board so sorry for any inexperience.
Please and thank you so much!!!

Uhh, if you’re still in high school and have a private pilots license do you really need a scholarship?

Yea I kinda spent all my savings on getting my PPL.

A 17yr old with savings to get a PPL, my question stands.

What do your folks do for a living?

Long and short, this isn’t a liberal arts degree, folks won’t likely pay for your flight time, it’s kinda like a kid with a Ferrari doing a go fund me for new rims.

A 17yr old with savings to get a PPL, my question stands.

What do your folks do for a living?

Long and short, this isn’t a liberal arts degree, folks won’t likely pay for your flight time, it’s kinda like a kid with a Ferrari doing a go fund me for new rims.
I was in his same shoes. We (my family) are a bunch of average Joe’s, but my parents were able to fund my PPL while in high school and I had enough dough in the bank to pay for it and the next rating. It’s possible. Fortunately cocaine and pot are so profitable! ;)

It’s just my mom and she does like excel spreadsheets I guess for a in-home service.

Well if that’s the case, I’d say keep doing whatever you’re doing to get the money you did, as a legal child you self funded a PPL you’re already past 95% of Americans.

Perhaps you should go into business and fly on the side, legit.

It’s possible. Fortunately cocaine and pot are so profitable! ;)

How are you going to answer that “have you ever in your life” question on your next medical? But maybe you just sold them and were never caught or used yourself?!

Last edited:
Back