Pastafarians prayers at government meetings...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody's been hitting the sauce a little too much.

At least the satanists have sincerely held beliefs. This pastafarian sounds like a true jerk.

I used to have an FSM "fish" on the back of my pickup along with my braille bumper sticker that said "If you can read this you are too damn close."

At least the satanists have sincerely held beliefs. This pastafarian sounds like a true jerk.

The Satanic Temple, mentioned in the article, is a nontheistic and satirical political organization to advocate for the separation of church and state. The Church of Satan is the group that actually engages in a form of satanism.

As to the pastafarian, sounds like he too was engaging in satire.

Oh, good- religion *AND* politics in one thread. One-stop shopping for the Banhammer. o_O

There’s a difference? Government is just a form of religion these days.

Some folks in black robes hand down upon high, what they believe some paid off lawyers who’ve been in power since the Carter Administration, decided was best for 300 million plus people.

I’m not seeing much difference between that and the churches of the Middle Ages. Lol.

Pray hard, dear soul, they do not demand more than Jan-May of your salary each year that passes. They like being kept in the manner to which they are accustomed. Hahaha.

You may hire one of their lawyer/clerics to plead your case before them if you feel wronged. Bring a wheelbarrow full of money.

“A pastor wearing a spaghetti strainer on his head delivered the opening invocation at the Kenai Peninsula Borough Assembly meeting Tuesday.”

And this is supposed to seem strange on this site?

As to the pastafarian, sounds like he too was engaging in satire.

They both are satarical organizations that shame government bodies to remove policies that inject religious activities into government functions. This particular set occurred after some took offense at the borough holding selective and official prayer invocations at the start of their functions.

“the borough ... approved a 2016 policy saying that people who wanted to give the invocations at the government body’s meetings had to belong to official organizations with an established presence on the Kenai Peninsula. Other plaintiffs who had been denied permission to give the invocations included an atheist and a Jewish woman.

The Alaska Supreme Court last October ruled that the borough policy was unconstitutional, and the borough government changed it in November to allow anyone to offer invocations regardless of religion.”

They both are satarical organizations that shame government bodies to remove policies that inject religious activities into government functions.
Yes I was just responding to a post that contrasted the pastafarian to the “Satanists” (satanic temple) as being different when they are in fact both satirists (satirists with firmly held beliefs however).

Touched_by_His_Noodly_Appendage_HD.jpg

And to keep this on topic, the Flying Spaghetti Monster would seem to be inherently aviation related, and POA appropriate. ;)

494394323_9b84c4ab54_b.jpg

And to keep this on topic, the Flying Spaghetti Monster would seem to be inherently aviation related, and POA appropriate. ;)

494394323_9b84c4ab54_b.jpg

That pastafarian spaghetti monster looks like two dingleberries surrounded by tapeworms. Just sayin'

Yes I was just responding to a post that contrasted the pastafarian to the “Satanists” (satanic temple) as being different when they are in fact both satirists (satirists with firmly held beliefs however).
So real-life trolls, and likely sociopaths.

Might be a bit much, but they’re certainly not working when they’re all screwing around for the cameras like that. Not at the jobs they were hired to do, anyway. “Satire” wasn’t on the list of government functions most municipalities require to operate, last I checked. LOL.

Protesting something through satire makes you a sociopath does it? They are protesting the presence of the prayer. Last I checked, prayer also isn’t one of the jobs commanded of the government and local municipalities.

Nothing like having personal deeply held Christian beliefs and valued mocked. Sigh. I can laugh at pretty much anything as long as it is funny, witty, and good-natured. I'm not sure about the good-natured part here.

No, that would be the 'secular humanists'.

These guys have a point. No government body should be in the business of approving a religion.
Such a good point that it is listed first (1st amendment).

No, that would be the 'secular humanists'.

These guys have a point. No government body should be in the business of approving a religion.

If the "goverment body" was forcing everyone present to participate in and say the opening prayer, then you would have a point. They are not. The court ruling forcing them to allow obviously and intentionally ridiculous parodies of Christianity and other faiths is the true travesty here, not the completely harmless at worst and potentially beneficial (I won't go into that any deeper here... to each his/her own set of beliefs, but I've seen enough in my life to feel confident and grateful that there is indeed a greater power..) practice of opening a government meeting with a volountary prayer. Opening a government meeting with mockery and cruelty is just disgusting.

Last edited:
Ba ha ha ha ha

To coin a popular phrase describing where this country to heading “honk honk”

...allow obviously and intentionally ridiculous parodies of Christianity ...

I didn’t realize one could make somethings even more ridiculous then they already are :dunno:

One last point, question, then I'll do my best to leave this alone. We are allowed to discuss religion here, as long as we're mocking it?

This should be closed.

Can you drown someone in pasta? Can we try????

A military chaplain told me the Commandment isn't "Thou shall not kill" - it was a bad translation from the ancient Aramaic - should have been "Thou shall not murder"; anyway, some people just need killin'. I have no tolerance for intolerance - probably why I don't care for liberals. . .not very religious, but cool with those who are. It's nice they have that, until a buffoon shows up to mock 'em. . .

Anyway, IBTL, and awaiting the hammer. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back