My "Last" Airplane a Wonderful Experience from Aviat

skippers

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
skippers
Growing long in the tooth we decided to purchase our final airplane. As we have some land in Montana with an airstrip a Husky was the choice. We went to Afton and found a 180 A-1C that was left over from the prior year. A reasonable price was secured and then I flew 10 hours in it at Afton with their chief/test pilot so the insurance company would reduce our premium by 3K. The aircraft did not have ADSB in and as part of the deal Aviat agreed to put in a Garmin 345. They also agreed to a fresh annual. We left the plane in Afton came home to Montana. The company called about 7 days later and said the aircraft was ready and they delivered it to us. In reviewing the logs it was found out that the fresh annual had not been done. I flew the pilot back to Afton and then returned to Montana with the airplane with a magnificent flight over Yellowstone and past Jackson Hole and up the Snake River times 2 in one day. The leadership was at Oshkosh but immediately upon hearing what happened sent another pilot up to Montana to pick up our original aircraft. Aviat left another Husky with us while ours was going through annual. Some problems arose during the annual and we declined to purchase the original aircraft. Aviat was willing to give us our money back but we had become smitten with the aircraft they left for us. We purchased said aircraft at a very fair price. The boss flew up with all the paperwork and his escrow agent handled the title changes for the two aircraft. So we owned two "last" aircraft in the space of 3 weeks. We have nothing but praise for Aviat's handling of both transactions. Their only concern was to ensure that we were satisfied. Stu and Steve kudos to you. We can recommend Aviat without reservations.

Congrats! Would love to see some pictures!

A day doesn’t go by without hearing from my brother about how wonderful his Husky is and that I really NEED one.

I may give in and join the happy club.

The few hours I have in a Husky were seriously fun.

Well when the old guy in the back seat wasn’t smacking me in the head anyway. First taildragger time. LOL.

Congrats and great taste in aircraft

Back