Best Chandler, AZ airport?

MountainDude

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
MountainDude
Will be there Nov 22-24, staying in Chandler.
Need a rental car for 48 hrs.
Cessna 182 VFR pilot with 550 hrs and not afraid of FF and Class B.
Will arrive from NE and depart W.
Thank you

KCHD is closest and is a fine, full-service airport. Just be aware of the Class B airspace to the north and east, and the Class D of KIWA, which adjoins the KCHD Delta on the east.

Departing KCHD to the west is no problem. Preferred VFR routes are shown on the PHX Flyway chart.

There's a high volume of training in certain areas surrounding Phoenix. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

How do you like the 182? :)

I stopped at KCHD once for some maintenance once. Nice field, pretty busy with GA traffic but it's towered so it wasn't too difficult. When I was there 2 years ago they had just about any kind of repair facility you'd ever need and a decent restaurant on the field.

Sort of depends on where in Chandler, but mostly I agree with KCHD. Chandler Air Service has the rental cars and the Hangar Cafe is good food.

If far north in Chandler, KFFZ would be a possibility. If far to the east, KIWA might be a possibility, but will tend to be more expensive. Both will likely be further than KCHD.

Know how to use the ident button on your transponder. I took some lessons as KCHD a couple years ago and tower had me ident nearly every time I called inbound.

I've used Stellar Air Park (P19) a few times. They welcomed transients and had very reasonable tie down fees and fuel price. Read the rules. I haven't been there for a couple years so you may want to call them first. I don't know how a rental car would work there--maybe a rental service that delivers the car? I had daughter pick us up so never used rentals there. http://www.stellarairpark.org

Just go to the one that is the most convenient. Sounds like KCHD.

Back