Display name:
Jack Fleetwood
48614365028_9024f51a9d_b.jpg

48614861682_d629d64d6a_b.jpg

48614843002_c8c2d5a960_b.jpg

48614692846_3c354f243c_b.jpg

48614328308_4cdf6dec5c_b.jpg

48614672851_e207786deb_b.jpg

I soloed and got my PP Cert in a Tommy. That's some good memories there.

Tomahawks and Skippers are two of the best-looking GA aircraft, IMO. They just look sharp.

I personally like the plane. If it it had only been built as originally designed with the low tail I can only imagine what an even better plane it could have been. I know a guy who was on the team at Piper and he has some interesting stories about those days.

Nice pics as usual! Boy that takes me back to when I was young and immortal and my aviation roots.

Nice pics as usual! Boy that takes me back to when I was young and immortal and my aviation roots.

Heh - I'm right there with you man. "Not sure what everyone's deal is - these things spin great!"

Great pics as usual Jack!

Tomahawks and Skippers are two of the best-looking GA aircraft, IMO. They just look sharp.

I owned one for 4-5 years. Really enjoyed flying it and made a number of long X/C's in it. Great visibility, plenty of elbow room, and a large baggage area.

You’d look good owning one of those!

When I was training in the early 2000s, I thought pretty hard about a Tomahawk or, preferably, Skipper. Things changed when a local 172 became available.

Ahhh, memories. The first 53 hours in my logbook were all done in the PA38. None since though.... :rolleyes: ;)

Great photos as usual.

Cheers,
Brian

Don't see many of these around these days. I used to rent them from a Piper flight training unit in the mid-80s (less expensive than the Cherokee 180 when flying solo). I have about 50 spins in them. And lived to tell about it, LOL.

Jack, great pics, but we are missing the usual little write up about the owner(s) of the plane, etc?

Don't see many of these around these days. I used to rent them from a Piper flight training unit in the mid-80s (less expensive than the Cherokee 180 when flying solo). I have about 50 spins in them. And lived to tell about it, LOL.

Jack, great pics, but we are missing the usual little write up about the owner(s) of the plane, etc?
Yeah, I was in a rush and didn't spend much time with them. There will be a page about them when the magazine article comes out!

Heh - I'm right there with you man. "Not sure what everyone's deal is - these things spin great!"

Great pics as usual Jack!

You guys too, eh? I spun the heck out of one, over and over, in the mid-nineties.

Back