Vision test

ChrisCC

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
aviatorc
going for my medical next week. I wear corrective lenses and passed my last medical about a year ago and have no obvious vision degradation currently. Ideally I would like to visit my eye doctor prior to my ame. But as luck would have it I have a work emergency that is taking me out of town for the next week leaving me unable to schedule an eye appointment.
So my question; if my ame determines a change in my Vision and I’m no longer 20/20 will I be given an opportunity to go back to the eye doctor to get new glasses or do I lose me medical?

going for my medical next week. I wear corrective lenses and passed my last medical about a year ago and have no obvious vision degradation currently. Ideally I would like to visit my eye doctor prior to my ame. But as luck would have it I have a work emergency that is taking me out of town for the next week leaving me unable to schedule an eye appointment.
So my question; if my ame determines a change in my Vision and I’m no longer 20/20 will I be given an opportunity to go back to the eye doctor to get new glasses or do I lose me medical?
Which class medical? I THINK for Third Class you are ok at 20/40

Do you have a printer, tape and 10’?

https://www.allaboutvision.com/eye-test/snellen-chart.pdf

Well hahaa. Good idea but Just how reliable are these print at home things?
Going for 1st class med. if my vision is off since my last medical which was about a year ago and it’s just a matter of needing a new eyeglass Rx can my examiner offer my a work around? I can’t afford to be grounded at this stage of my training.

Going for 1st class med. if my vision is off since my last medical which was about a year ago and it’s just a matter of needing a new eyeglass Rx can my examiner offer my a work around? I can’t afford to be grounded at this stage of my training.

What exactly do you think you do in many Ame offices when you read the chart on the wall, same thing.

If you’re really concerned to go a doc in the box and take a vision test.

If you are going for a 1st or 2nd class and your vision doesn’t quite meet 20/20, but is at least 20/40, your AME can issue a third class medical that will allow you to continue training and then you can go back later for the 1st class after you get your vision corrected.

What exactly do you think you do in many Ame offices when you read the chart on the wall, same thing.
FWIW, not all AMEs use the same vision test. Some use a wall chart. Some use those bloody POS vision testers from the DMV.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back