(NOT) Flying into ORD ($$$ pucker)

So, just got an email back from Signature.

They have a
$5 infrastructure fee
$49 handling fee
$129.71 landing fee
$129.71 parking fee​

Looks like I'm driving.

They have a
$5 infrastructure fee
$49 handling fee
$129.71 landing fee
$129.71 parking fee​

Looks like I'm driving.
Duuude! $313.42 just to be there? That's nuts!

Yeah, and by the time I drive to the airport, fly into another airport like DPA or PWK, get a rental car, and drive back to ORD, I'm better off just driving and hope the traffic doesn't suck butt. Have a 10am CDT meeting.

Used to be $41 to park and $41 to land. City bumped it ~$90 bucks each.

They have a
$5 infrastructure fee
$49 handling fee
$129.71 landing fee
$129.71 parking fee​

Looks like I'm driving.
I'll charge you less than 1/2 that when you land @ my place! :cool:

They have a
$5 infrastructure fee
$49 handling fee
$129.71 landing fee
$129.71 parking fee​

Looks like I'm driving.

Damn. It used to be about $80 for landing and parking total, and they would waive the handling if you took some gas.

Damn. It used to be about $80 for landing and parking total, and they would waive the handling if you took some gas.

Yeah, that would be about right. $87 bucks if I bought fuel, and it was 2018. Only Chicago could justify a 224% price increase on landing/parking and I know that one isn't on Signature

What this says to me is "yes, if you really want, we'll accommodate you slow GA guys who putter down final approach at 80 knots and screw up all our sequencing, but we don't *really* want to, and if you insist then we will charge you for it."

:)

Oops, I had the wrong Tuesday...we will see what next Tuesday brings. @radarcontact and I are both scheduled to work next Tuesday morning, so at a minimum someone in the TRACON will be cheering you on.

Give him "the works"... he'll enjoy the test flying;)

Yeah, that would be about right. $87 bucks if I bought fuel, and it was 2018. Only Chicago could justify a 224% price increase on landing/parking and I know that one isn't on Signature

They should make an airport near the magnificent mile, that visitors in the high rise restaurants nearby could watch the landings, maybe give it a quaint name ... like MEIGs:mad::mad:

Yeah, and by the time I drive to the airport, fly into another airport like DPA or PWK, get a rental car, and drive back to ORD, I'm better off just driving and hope the traffic doesn't suck butt. Have a 10am CDT meeting.

Used to be $41 to park and $41 to land. City bumped it ~$90 bucks each.
Yeah because the I-80/94 corridor is always a dream to drive!

Yeah, and by the time I drive to the airport, fly into another airport like DPA or PWK, get a rental car, and drive back to ORD, I'm better off just driving and hope the traffic doesn't suck butt. Have a 10am CDT meeting. . .
I used to have to visit a subcontractor about twice a month that was right next to ORD. This went on for a year or so. I never got in and out of Chicago without brutal traffic. 2:00 in the afternoon and there would be grid lock. Good luck. Maybe some of the locals can give you advice. I use to stay on 80west to avoid the downtown area.

If you go around the Bravo to PWK that will eat up a lot of time. FWIW Uber/Lyft from DPA to ORD is about $45 each way.

Would you consider risking life and limb flying straight over the lake to PWK? Uber/Lyft there will be cheaper, probably around $25 each way. But you know you engine is far more likely to break when it is over water, so it is a risk!

Give him "the works"... he'll enjoy the test flying;)

They should make an airport near the magnificent mile, that visitors in the high rise restaurants nearby could watch the landings, maybe give it a quaint name ... like MEIGs:mad::mad:
That was the greatest $100 pizza run in the history of mankind. Saturday’s could be a madhouse.
Really miss it.

I always go straight over the lake, but when we start adding on the time and cost of lyft/uber rides and the cost of handling/landing/parking we are just going to drive it.

I always go straight over the lake, but when we start adding on the time and cost of lyft/uber rides and the cost of handling/landing/parking we are just going to drive it.

I run into this calculation a lot. Chicago traffic sucks, I-65 traffic from Indy to the Chicago area sucks. But there really aren't many suitable GA airports close enough to the places I want to go in the Chicago area, and the drive is still just short enough to kind of make it a wash. Often the decision comes down to intangibles, like how important is it that I arrive on time, or whether I am going to go and come in one day.

I run into this calculation a lot. Chicago traffic sucks, I-65 traffic from Indy to the Chicago area sucks. But there really aren't many suitable GA airports close enough to the places I want to go in the Chicago area, and the drive is still just short enough to kind of make it a wash. Often the decision comes down to intangibles, like how important is it that I arrive on time, or whether I am going to go and come in one day.
Go to Gary, hop on the South Shore, you are in downtown in 30-40 minutes. Call the fbo’s on The return, and they pick you up at the station. Very easy.

Landing and parking for 3 nights for a Cessna 182 in Lombok, Indonesia; $1,371.

Looks like Chicago has been taking lessons from the Indonesians!

Back