Joined the ranks today

ChemGuy

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
ChemGuy
The ranks of flying airplane owners. Bought a Team MiniMax V-Max. Single seat, VFR, VW power. Now I gotta finally get my TW endorsement done.
I hope to have it home in a week or 2.

IMG951122.jpg

IMG951124.jpg

Very nice! Congrats. That'll be a hoot to fly.

Thanks guys. It does look like a hoot to put around in.

The current owner says top speed about 100mph, he cruises about 80-85mph on 4-4.5 gph.
He's been flying it off his backyard strip. It got airborne in a couple hundred feet and I cant wait to get up in it.

Congratulations! That's how I started, too, with the Carlson Sparrow SS single-seater.

After much consternation in getting hangar space, getting plane here and getting tail wheel endorsement...I finally got to fly the plane yesterday. What a blast. Off the ground in ~200ft, climbing at about 500-1000fpm, (No VSI) so ballpark counting estimate. Cruise about 80-85mph and is very responsive.

Its gonna be fun to cruise around on ~4gph.

plane.jpg

Looks like a blast. Enjoy.

Looks like fun, a perfect airplane for going out and looking at the cows.

The ranks of flying airplane owners. Bought a Team MiniMax V-Max. Single seat, VFR, VW power. Now I gotta finally get my TW endorsement done.
I hope to have it home in a week or 2.

IMG951122.jpg

IMG951124.jpg

NSFW

I totally thought about this when I read this thread...

That's right...little wood and fabric airplane gangs...you gotta be jumped in to join.
Once you're in it's for life, holmes.

:D

I'm impressed with the little plane. Bet it's a hoot to fly... Better'n a Cirrus in so many ways... Cooler than the flying Pinto in James Bond...

It does fold up into its own briefcase, right?

I'm just kidding of course. Heck, I could build one...

Hmmmmm..

Edit to add... Oops, it was an AMC Matador. Ha!

@ChemGuy
I wanna know about these "easily removable wings." It can be trailered?

Is that how you got it to your home 'drome?

Curious minds wanna know.

Just an excuse to buy a cuddly warm leather flying suit.

Or add a heat muff to the exhaust.

I have "heat" in the A-65 powered Luscombe. I just bought some cold weather gear so I can fly it in the winter. I would not spend any money on a heat muff.

Last time I flew a VW powered ship was 40+ years ago, still need left rudder on takeoff?

@ChemGuy
I wanna know about these "easily removable wings." It can be trailered?

Is that how you got it to your home 'drome?

Curious minds wanna know.
The previous owner flew it over for me.

I havent pulled the wings off it so Im not sure but I dont think they are made to be trailerable like a flybaby.

Okay... It's time to tape your phone on your baseball cap and shoot video of a flight. And post it.

Yeah I'll post some vids.
Got 1 day of.flying it then changed jobs and am out of town for a couple weeks for training and meetings.

Perfect timing as usual...

Yeah I'll post some vids.
Got 1 day of.flying it then changed jobs and am out of town for a couple weeks for training and meetings.

Perfect timing as usual...
Boy, don't it just STINK when life gets in the way of what Pilots Of America are SUPPOSED to be doing (flying!)?

Take your time, we'll be here...

Cool pics. 3000 rpm? Is it geared or direct drive? (I'm ignorant about the MiniMax and any VW conversions.) I'm presuming it's not a geared engine and the prop is attached to the crankshaft? Looks like a really fun little airplane. You roll it yet???

Cool pics. 3000 rpm? Is it geared or direct drive? (I'm ignorant about the MiniMax and any VW conversions.) I'm presuming it's not a geared engine and the prop is attached to the crankshaft? Looks like a really fun little airplane. You roll it yet???

Direct drive. Smaller diameter prop to keep tips subsonic.

No rolls yet.

Back