For Sale Wings of Hope Announces Fall Aircraft Raffle

yeah I just got an email (16:46) that said there were 700 tickets left. Times past they sold out in hours. I certainly noticed that there were an additional 1,000 tickets to be sold.

And didn’t the tickets used to go for $50?

Yup, 1 for $50 or 3 for $125. I passed on this aircraft, but with it going up to $195 for 3 tickets and smaller odds of winning than previous WoH raffles, it was a hard pass. I think they were getting greedy since the previous raffles sold out in a matter of hours, and this raffle still has 1,000 tickets left 8 hours after the opening bell.

Yup, 1 for $50 or 3 for $125. I passed on this aircraft, but with it going up to $195 for 3 tickets and smaller odds of winning than previous WoH raffles, it was a hard pass. I think they were getting greedy since the previous raffles sold out in a matter of hours, and this raffle still has 1,000 tickets left 8 hours after the opening bell.
Concur. Can’t fault them for trying. I have purchased in the past but not this time.

I passed as well. But, I don't blame them up upping the take. Wouldn't you?

I thought the RG was kind of cool, but they're going to have to have a pretty nice plane next time or I'm out.

I'm torn between posting this and lessening my odds, but it's for the museum, so I'll spill the beans. If you're looking for better odds, the museum at Hobby is selling tickets for $50 and have a cap of 2500 tickets. They have a Sunsdowner this year, drawing in Dec or their next monthly fly in after they sell out.

I passed as well. But, I don't blame them up upping the take. Wouldn't you?

I can’t really blame the effort and understand that the cause is good, but I feel like they jumped the shark on this one. I don’t feel like the plane is of the same caliber as their previous raffles and the odds are significantly poorer. More than a few other airplane raffles out there that are looking more attractive. They got a ticket out of me today before I noticed the change but this will probably be my last.

I purchased the last two raffles but did not this time because of the ticket increase.

I can’t really blame the effort and understand that the cause is good, but I feel like they jumped the shark on this one. I don’t feel like the plane is of the same caliber as their previous raffles and the odds are significantly poorer. More than a few other airplane raffles out there that are looking more attractive. They got a ticket out of me today before I noticed the change but this will probably be my last.

Same. I'm all for them getting whatever they can. It's for a good cause and all that goes with it. I just feel like the previous raffles were successful and they probably shouldn't have messed with a good formula. I also feel like the aircraft in this instance wouldn't have been the right one to try and "squeeze" the ticket buyers. If they had come across a Bo, 182, Twin, etc. they may have had a shot. However, an older model 172 isn't going to draw a bunch of attention, especially not for a premium.

I bought a ticket. Wouldn't be that hard to flip the airplane, or if you have use for the avionics, take them out and part the airplane out.

I am a mentor to an Aviation club that is raffling off the Piper Super Cruiser and used their raffle as a bit of a guide. They have usually sold out really really quickly. We priced ours at $50 and hoped to sell out so we can pay off some debts for buying our training aircraft and for paying off the costs of part of our club building an RV 12. Not quite having the luck in selling so many tickets so far. Someone in the thread about to Flight Club raffle mentioned $50 was perhaps too much to pay for a chance to win the plane. Didn't seem too bad to those of us setting it up at the time!!!

I am a mentor to an Aviation club that is raffling off the Piper Super Cruiser and used their raffle as a bit of a guide. They have usually sold out really really quickly. We priced ours at $50 and hoped to sell out so we can pay off some debts for buying our training aircraft and for paying off the costs of part of our club building an RV 12. Not quite having the luck in selling so many tickets so far. Someone in the thread about to Flight Club raffle mentioned $50 was perhaps too much to pay for a chance to win the plane. Didn't seem too bad to those of us setting it up at the time!!!
If your raffle is still happening, why not create a new thread with a link to the announcement page?

Piper super cruiser? Sounds like fun. Link to the raffle?

I am a newbie on here and not sure whether I am able to right now. It is still going on. Gonna buy 5 or 10 for myself and give it to my step dad if I win, cause he was a great dad and gave me my love for planes, my love for reading, and the push for me to go to the greatest school in the entire world!!! Texas A&M!!! When I have more than the 5 posts, I will post a link to the raffle. In the meantime, look up Flight Club 502 online and you can read about our Aviation club.....heck you may want us to help you start one wherever you are!!! ALso, hopefully the kids have put a link on the website. It is kid led, or so we try!!!

And secondly, I flew my first time in a tail dragger and practiced spins. Was an absolute blast!!! Though I was nervous working on my landings!!! It was in a Citabria.

I am a newbie on here and not sure whether I am able to right now. It is still going on. Gonna buy 5 or 10 for myself and give it to my step dad if I win, cause he was a great dad and gave me my love for planes, my love for reading, and the push for me to go to the greatest school in the entire world!!! Texas A&M!!! When I have more than the 5 posts, I will post a link to the raffle. In the meantime, look up Flight Club 502 online and you can read about our Aviation club.....heck you may want us to help you start one wherever you are!!! ALso, hopefully the kids have put a link on the website. It is kid led, or so we try!!!

Hmmm... that super cruiser is more super than many other piston props. 1000HP!

Tickets purchased so I have a chance to brag that my tail dragger has more power than my buddy's bonanza.

AD09207B-BCC9-4AF3-B932-2BDDA13078CE.jpeg

Last edited:
Hmmm... that super cruiser is more super than many other piston props. 1000HP!

Tickets purchased so I have a chance to brag that my tail dragger has more power than my buddy's bonanza.

View attachment 78928
LOLOL!!! First Thank you!!!! I saw that when I went to the website to make sure it had a link to the raffle and thought, hell I want this thing for myself!!! Inside where it describes the plane it mentions the 100 hp engine. I did text the person who can hopefully correct the website from the fumble fingered error!!!

Looks like they had the drawing this AM. Bust for me... :(

I did not win either. Still waiting to hear from my father but looking at the numbers I don't think he would be in the range either.

Not me. Somebody got a nice airplane.

Wow...I got a little excited for a second. I just glanced at the winning raffle number for a second and saw .....702, then looked up my email which had the number....34702.

Unfortunately, the winning number was 33702

Last edited:
Gonna buy 5 or 10 for myself and give it to my step dad if I win, cause he was a great dad and gave me my love for planes, my love for reading, and the push for me to go to the greatest school in the entire world!!! Texas A&M!!!
You should definitely not give raffle tickets to your father in law. He didn't push you to go to the greatest school in the entire world. That honor belongs to Ohio State.

You should definitely not give raffle tickets to your father in law. He didn't push you to go to the greatest school in the entire world. That honor belongs to Ohio State.
Dangit, I laughed so hard at that one I nearly fell off my chair. I will say the year I lived in Columbus, OH High Street was a fun place to visit!!! Really did like living there!!!

Now help us out and go buy some tickets for this Piper!!!

I was counseled by a dedicated alumn that it is "The Ohio State".

Back