AOPA Fly-In Tullahamoa TN

***crickets*** I know AOPA has fallen out of favor for many. I think this thread reinforces that perception

I don't understand why they do these Friday and Saturday. And by Saturday at 4pm its a ghost town Ive heard. I could probably have made it if it was Saturday and Sunday though. But come to think of it my plane is down for its annual sooo....

I don't understand why they do these Friday and Saturday. And by Saturday at 4pm its a ghost town Ive heard. I could probably have made it if it was Saturday and Sunday though. But come to think of it my plane is down for its annual sooo....
Yeah I know it! I had thought it went thru Sunday, but it doesn’t, otherwise I’d probably stop in. Can’t make it tmrw...

Seems like a fair amount of work setting up for, just to evacuate 48hrs later.

Yeah I know it! I had thought it went thru Sunday, but it doesn’t, otherwise I’d probably stop in. Can’t make it tmrw...

Seems like a fair amount of work setting up for, just to evacuate 48hrs later.
Yep and then starting on a Friday. I would venture to say most people have to work Friday or take time off work to attend. So that leaves Saturday as the most used day and well by the time I got there they would be closing up shop. So poo on them. hahaha

I thought about going this year. But when I saw Friday Saturday and done by 4 sat I said not worth it.

Maybe in the South they are considering Sunday church services that many here are dedicated too. IDK, I thought it ran thru Sunday too. Guess I may head up to Rough River this morning instead

An acquaintance posted elsewhere than a long distance attendee was cleared to land 3, maybe 5 minutes before the field closed yesterday evening, then was told to go around and land elsewhere - they were closing the field and a display aircraft needed to land.

THAT's the way to treat your members...

Having a hard time believing anyone at AOPA has that type of influence on contract controllers. But continue with your AOPA-hating, I know there is little that will stop it.

Having a hard time believing anyone at AOPA has that type of influence on contract controllers. But continue with your AOPA-hating, I know there is little that will stop it.

From zero to "hating" that fast? A new millennial record.

AOPA leadership has a Tee time on Hilton Head for sunday. Thats why.

We could've taken mine, but ughhhh. It's always something

Buddy of mine went... I had to work.
He saw the Kings there, not a big deal, just sharing.

Garmin confirmed both the 430 and 530 won't be supported. Probably old news, but I thought it was only the 530.

And since Boeing has taken over Foreflight, the reps won't assure anything moving forward.

The RV14 is awesome.

That is all..

I went on Saturday and hung out with David St. George and Peter Levy at the SAFE booth for a bit.

I did go as it was close to me. Yep, thin crowd and vendors. And it was HOT.
I am building a -10 and the yellow sweepstakes RV-10 took a lot of my time. Got some clues and advise from Dynon/AFS and Garmin.
Bought some consumable supplies from Aircraft Spruce.
It was OK.

I went Saturday morning. Stayed til around noon. I tried to talk some of my buddies to fly up as well but hey could t swing it. I talked with Garmin and ForeFlight for a bit, but no big news. I should have gone to the Town Hall. Any go? Did the Red Board closing get mentioned?

Was planning on going and then work got in the way.

One thing to keep in mind. Originally the fly-ins were only Saturday. They added half day classes on .friday to make it the two days. I really wanted to attend the refresher IFR class, and the class dealing with long XCs.

Hopefully they will comtinue this format and I can catch a flyin near me next year.

Back