Incomplete Instrument Checkride

I bet few candidates after getting their rating following a discontinuance didn’t learn a lot in the process and were better pilots in the end.

Sorry I haven't followed the thread since I was the one which initiated it.

The Examiner failed me because I went full deflection. Why....... because when we were setting up for the RNAV he had been trying to constantly shake my confidence by continually referring to me as "Captain" and other snide comments. When he saw my CDI start moving to the left he initiated incessant chatter to once again throw me off my game. By then I was sick of his **** and once I went full deflection...... I told him I was done!

Yes I get the fact that you have to be able to take the distractions but in real life this man wouldn't be beside me rambling away at stupid crap! I would insist on a sterile cockpit on all approaches!!

One last note........ he prefaced the ride by saying "I never thought you would last the oral so let's see how you do in the air!"

So did you tell him "I'd like sterile cockpit for this critical phase of flight"?
Captain is not a snide comment.
And he did you a favor if you really got a Letter of Discontinuance and not a Disapproval.

You failed a checkride because you went full deflection.

I hate to say it, but yes, the examiner was right to fail you.

So did you tell him "I'd like sterile cockpit for this critical phase of flight"?
My wife just told her instructor to shut up.
Captain is not a snide comment.
Her instructor did it to reinforce that despite him being in the aircraft, she was the one that was supposed to be making the decisions.

Back