A funny thing happened at the car show today....

Did you tell them they scratched your new roof with that silly plastic thing and schedule six months out to get a body panel replacement? :)

Just kidding. Congrats on the new toy.

Surprised they didn't ask you to leave......:frown2:

What did you take delivery of - the car in the foreground or the scooter in the background?

Congratulations I guess. You are right it is kinda odd. I’m not sure what’s noteworthy about buying a new car ??? Very odd. Kinda like getting a participation trophy even though you cane in last place. I thought that behavior was limited to grade school. Guess not.

How much do those little hoopties cost? Been thinking about it for a while.

How much do those little hoopties cost? Been thinking about it for a while.
The "Short Range Plus" has a base price under $40,000.

You can use my referral link to buy a new Tesla vehicle or solar panels and receive 2,000 free Supercharger miles:
https://ts.la/michael30679

I'm sure you won't let the sour grapes crowd bother you. They just don't know any better and refuse to see the future.

Congrats on your cool new car. It really is special. If I didn't have two practically new cars I'd be in line to buy a Tesla.

I'm sure you won't let the sour grapes crowd bother you. They just don't know any better and refuse to see the future.

Congrats on your cool new car. It really is special. If I didn't have two practically new cars I'd be in line to buy a Tesla.

I would love a Tesla, but a brand new purchase winning a car show? Meh...

Hope you are not putting me in with the sour grapes... frankly I thought the OP was saying the same thing I did. Kind odd/funny that a mass produced consumer grade car gets a trophy at a car show in the same year of its production (I.e. new).

I've been chief of a manufacturer-specific car show for over ten years, and we always had lots of grumbling in our categories for recent manufacture.

I have overseen the handing-over of first-place trophies and near-100-point scores to cars nearly right off the dealer's lot.

Never seen anyone really impressed by it. They'd rather wander over to the older stuff, and see the ones with the meticulous restoration.

Never seen anyone really impressed by it. They'd rather wander over to the older stuff, and see the ones with the meticulous restoration.

Or even cooler, the ones that didn’t get driven much and were garaged and loved. The time capsule type. Those are amazing.

Hope you are not putting me in with the sour grapes... frankly I thought the OP was saying the same thing I did. Kind odd/funny that a mass produced consumer grade car gets a trophy at a car show in the same year of its production (I.e. new).
I wasn't thinking of you. I was just thinking that no matter what someone says or posts about a Tesla on this forum, there are going to be a bunch of negative comments. Some deserved, some not deserved but just automatic anti-Tesla BS.

I wasn't thinking of you. I was just thinking that no matter what someone says or posts about a Tesla on this forum, there are going to be a bunch of negative comments. Some deserved, some not deserved but just automatic anti-Tesla BS.
Oh. I see. Yeah I could care less about Tesla(pro or con). It’s just a consumer product company. Time will tell whether or not they have a viable product and proper leadership.

Kinda like Cirrus, lol.

Some deserved. The car is “fine”. The company and the so called “leader” are a disaster, created by the celebrity worship culture and free flowing debt.

The Model S was something to write home about. The 3? Meh.

That's just to counterbalance the teslasterone infused posts. ;)

Back