Saratoga II TC owners, overload me with information

Jamie Kirk

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
JamieK
A 99 Saratoga II TC is very close to being ours. Low time Penn Yan overhaul and meticulously maintained by one of the best Saratoga maintenance shops.

Looking for any information that is prevalent. Things to look for, issues, quirks etc etc.

A 99 Saratoga II TC is very close to being ours. Low time Penn Yan overhaul and meticulously maintained by one of the best Saratoga maintenance shops.

Looking for any information that is prevalent. Things to look for, issues, quirks etc etc.

Turbo GamiJectors.... I assume you are talking about Bartelt, right? The PA32 experts of all times?

keep em cool....and your maintenance bills will be lower.

Yes that’s what I’ve been reading. I have a tendency to run my planes at 65% which will work better for the Saratoga. There is a big difference in fuel consumption and not much speed difference looking at the charts.

Turbo GamiJectors.... I assume you are talking about Bartelt, right? The PA32 experts of all times?

Yessir, John has maintained the plane. Just wrapped up the annual for the year.

Yes that’s what I’ve been reading. I have a tendency to run my planes at 65% which will work better for the Saratoga. There is a big difference in fuel consumption and not much speed difference.

Whats the burn between 65% and 81% and what are the speeds?

Yes that’s what I’ve been reading. I have a tendency to run my planes at 65% which will work better for the Saratoga. There is a big difference in fuel consumption and not much speed difference.
% has nothing to do with it.....baffeling, fuel air ratio and timing affects CHTs. You could run at 80% and be just as cool if it's lean enough and setup right.

% has nothing to do with it.....baffeling, fuel air ratio and timing affects CHTs. You could run at 80% and be just as cool if it's lean enough and setup right.

My Commander ran LOP great but I still flew it at 65%. Spent a lot of time talking to John and he highly recommended ROP, even with Gami.

My Commander ran LOP great but I still flew it at 65%. Spent a lot of time talking to John and he highly recommended ROP, even with Gami.
hey....run it how you like....just keep the CHT's 400 or less. My point is %HP isn't the driver.

hey....run it how you like....just keep the CHT's 400 or less. My point is %HP isn't the driver.

Can you educate me on that? I’ve never flown a turbo and with my commander the cruise speeds were all % based. With the JPI 830 it was effortless.

Anyone know what engine monitor this is? Doesn’t look like a JPI 700.
fb073136e168a76cac11ee58c64951ea.jpg

Can you educate me on that? I’ve never flown a turbo and with my commander the cruise speeds were all % based. With the JPI 830 it was effortless.
The drivers are heat....and the settings to keep it below a healthy stress level. %HP is an output....not a setting.

Back