Who likes to bump it?

Unit74

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Unit74
I do.

MB Quart 6.5s in the doors pushed by a JL 300/4V3 and a JL 1000/1 Slash pushing 10W6s in a JL box. Just smoked a sub and not sure why. Not the first time, not the last. $600 pentalty box infraction.

I have a set of Eclipse Alum DVC 12s in the box to play with, but gaawdddam these W6s pound. Who else is represent-in'?

In layman’s terms....?

Only if you anti rattle everything lol

Uhh, no. My factory audio system is more than adequate and am not very impressed with those that feel an entire neighborhood should hear their bass.

Neighborhood...? Amateur.

The space shuttle should be like, "WTF is that noise? Houston, are you hearing this?"

I don't bump it, but I encourage others to do so, so that I might judge the structural integrity of their (invariably) Nissan's decklid.

I don't bump it, but I encourage others to do so, so that I might judge the structural integrity of their (invariably) Nissan's decklid.

I've actually had the rear view mirror fall off once. I was like..... Yea, it's enough.

I do.

MB Quart 6.5s in the doors pushed by a JL 300/4V3 and a JL 1000/1 Slash pushing 10W6s in a JL box. Just smoked a sub and not sure why. Not the first time, not the last. $600 pentalty box infraction.

I have a set of Eclipse Alum DVC 12s in the box to play with, but gaawdddam these W6s pound. Who else is represent-in'?

giphy.gif

I don’t bump it but I don’t mind it. I find the extra bass from massive subs is usually crossovered at the wrong frequencies and messes with what the recording engineer intended on real music.

And the stuff designed for bumping... isn’t real music. Yeah I said it.

But if someone likes it, that’s cool.

Along these same lines Bose stuff ****es me off for similar reasons, and yet one vehicle still has the factory Bose garbage as well as I still have one of those Bose sound docks for the original iPod.

Found a dude in the UK who made Bluetooth modules that would install inside them. Saved it from the landfill. Probably a mistake. The $20 Bluetooth speakers sound closer to the original recording than that thing ever will.

It works at the office because it sucks the mids and highs away so well, it doesn’t bother co-workers to play it quietly. Turned up, it’s a hot mess.

I used to. Now I ride in silence or listen to my 5 year old son's in-car DVD player, usually Bubble Guppies. :(

Bose is for those who want to think they have a quality system.... But don't.

I'm an SQ listener, not a SPL guy. It's got to sound good.

I used to. Now I ride in silence or listen to my 5 year old son's in-car DVD player, usually Bubble Guppies. :(

Mine tell me.... Louder, louder, louder......... Ever heard Baybay Shark on a bad-arse system?

Mine tell me.... Louder, louder, louder......... Ever heard Baybay Shark on a bad-arse system?

LOL beat you to Baby Shark!! Hahahaha.

I have Amazon Unlimited Music hooked to all the stereos in the house and an “Everywhere” group. And Baby Shark has been played on that group... loudly.

Mostly to annoy/befuddle my wife, but still....

When I said "in-car DVD player" I meant the kind that hangs precariously from the headrest and plugs in to the cigarette lighter. Not integral to the sound system. Thank God.

We went the through that. But there is a Lower level in purgatory. I love you trains part 1-12..the music was suicidal.

LOL beat you to Baby Shark!! Hahahaha.

I have Amazon Unlimited Music hooked to all the stereos in the house and an “Everywhere” group. And Baby Shark has been played on that group... loudly.

Mostly to annoy/befuddle my wife, but still....

I honestly hate that song... the 4 year old screams it constantly. What about Tina the Talking Tabby?

When I said "in-car DVD player" I meant the kind that hangs precariously from the headrest and plugs in to the cigarette lighter. Not integral to the sound system. Thank God.

I had some guys sit in my truck and watch a clip from Full Metal Jacket Once..... I sheet you not......someone called the cops. It WAS that loud.

Neighborhood...? Amateur.

The space shuttle should be like, "WTF is that noise? Houston, are you hearing this?"
You say that like it's an admirable thing. Why in the world would your goal be to **** off everyone around you? I love, and have made a portion of my living on, high quality, accurate audio recording and reproduction. Seeing who can thump the loudest is a lot like seeing, and please forgive the crass anaology, who can take the longest dump. It's a goal without a reason other than to be annoying. Not a trophy I'm at all interested in.

You say that like it's an admirable thing. Why in the world would your goal be to **** off everyone around you? I love, and have made a portion of my living on, high quality, accurate audio recording and reproduction. Seeing who can thump the loudest is a lot like seeing, and please forgive the crass anaology, who can take the longest dump. It's a goal without a reason other than to be annoying. Not a trophy I'm at all interested in.

Everyone has their vices... Some like Scotch..... Other like Cigars..... Some obsessively build AR15s..... And some fly air planes.......

Some also like to do it all...........

Bose is for those who want to think they have a quality system.... But don't.

I'm an SQ listener, not a SPL guy. It's got to sound good.

We agree on BOTH of those .... but how in the world do you reconcile "bumping it" with sounding good? Artificially reinforced bass response and unrealistic sound levels don't sound good. Bose is TOTAL crap. :)

Everyone has their vices... Some like Scotch..... Other like Cigars..... Some obsessively build AR15s..... And some fly air planes.......

I don't build AR15s... and I don't consider the others vices.... more like positive character attributes and great qualities in a spouse... ;)

Last edited:
If their was a thumbs down button, i'd give it to you. I love me some Shania.....Who cares about the music!
Lol.. I've had thumbs down from nicer guys than you on many gigs.. I can take it! ;)
In all seriousness, there's LOTS worse than Shania out there...but I'm a straight-ahead jazz or "legit" (what most folks incorrectly call "classical") kinda listener, although I do have my guilty pleasures... Gino Vanelli, Michael Franks, Holly Cole, Sting, Earth Wind & Fire, Bob Marley, Gypsy Kings... not above leaving the "neighborhood."

Some also like to do it all...........

Yes

I had some guys sit in my truck and watch a clip from Full Metal Jacket Once..... I sheet you not......someone called the cops. It WAS that loud.

I seem to recall a circa 1997 rap song with gunfire that sounded incredibly realistic in my 1987 Subaru. Of course I played it on repeat for months, because of that sound. Probably did some hearing damage.

Car stereos, .... with all the road noise, anything more than what came in the car from the factory is at best waste of money. Besides, I do not appreciate having to pause my audio book until the stop light turns green and the asshat with the the whole back of his car booming and rattling moves far enough away.

Back