My new plane! Yeehaw!

birdus

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Jay Williams
My new plane (NC1813K). I'll be getting my Private Pilot's Certificate in this plane. Before I went to the airport this morning to buy the plane, I was so anxious, I actually felt sick. The plane needs a little TLC (just a couple minor things), but I'm very happy with it. I have some questions about different things, but will ask them in other threads. On the other hand, I do have some plans for a few major mods. Will do those as money allows (primarily a new panel, while keeping some of the old gizmos, and the C-85/O-200 conversion).

https://www.jpwphoto.com/img/s/v-10/p3600884415-6.jpg

Last edited:
"Content protected by owner"...can't see the images.

Congratulations!

Congrats and nope cant see pics. When I bought my plane I felt sick afterword's too for like a week! then it faded and its the best thing Ive ever done. I am in the process of buying another plane and I go back and forth of excitement to sick once again. hahaha

Yes sir, links work, nice looking plane! you gonna polish it up nice and shiny?

The links work. Congrats. After buying mine I was flying back from WA to ND all the way thinking WHAT THE FOXTROT DID I JUST DO..... got a grin my face thatwas still there for a couple of weeks after I went back to the airport the next very AM to see “my airplane”

Bw OP you have a ton of personal information on an open site, suggest you take down your airmen cert.

Bw OP you have a ton of personal information on an open site, suggest you take down your airmen cert.

Someone else over on facebook made the same suggestion. Don't know what I was thinking. Thanks.

Yes sir, links work, nice looking plane! you gonna polish it up nice and shiny?

No plans to polish it. I do want to get rid of the existing paint, though, and put the good ol' Luscombe stripes on the side with the stylized "S" on the cowling.

My new plane (NC1813K). I'll be getting my Private Pilot's Certificate in this plane. Before I went to the airport this morning to buy the plane, I was so anxious, I actually felt sick. The plane needs a little TLC (just a couple minor things), but I'm very happy with it. I have some questions about different things, but will ask them in other threads. On the other hand, I do have some plans for a few major mods. Will do those as money allows (primarily a new panel, while keeping some of the old gizmos, and the C-85/O-200 conversion).

https://www.jpwphoto.com/img/s/v-10/p3600884415-6.jpg

Good looking plane, great starter. Congratulations

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congrats!!! Now get out there and fly!

Seriously, I wish I had started with a tailwheel plane earlier than I did.
Most flying fun I've had in a long time!

More pics please.

Cool... congrats!

Congrats! Hope the AI doesn't wobble ;)
Do you have your medical?

I bought my first airplane before I learned to fly. That turned out to be one of my wisest decisions. Starting with conventional gear will slow down your training a tad, but it will be well worth it. Enjoy. And for Odin's sake get some damn polish that thing. It's a great old aircraft and deserves to shine.

Congrats!!! Wish I could have learned in my own plane. I would have flown a lot more.

Birdus.....you probably already looked cool before, but if not, that plane just did the trick.

Congrats, you're going to have a blast!

Congrats! Hope the AI doesn't wobble ;)
Do you have your medical?

Even if the AI wobbled (thanks for the reference), I paid only $14,800 so it would be hard to complain. I'm looking forward to working on and fixing up this bird, though.

I have a doctor's appointment scheduled for the 2nd, just a few weeks away. Also, my application is in for my Student Pilot's Certificate.

Even if the AI wobbled (thanks for the reference), I paid only $14,800 so it would be hard to complain. I'm looking forward to working on and fixing up this bird, though.

I have a doctor's appointment scheduled for the 2nd, just a few weeks away. Also, my application is in for my Student Pilot's Certificate.
spend some time on the medical section of this forum, if you have ANY DOUBT about any medical condition, or even if you dont have a doubt... do a consultation with the AME first unless you are 200% sure you wont get a deferral

Nice! Luscombe was on my short list when I was buying my first plane. As it happened, a Taylorcraft came up first so that's what I bought.

By "first," do you mean before I buy a plane?
Before you apply for the medical!! Can't stress this enough. You probably have no idea how many seemingly little things can get you denied for a medical, and of that happens -- you could be selling that nice new (to you) airplane. On the other hand, if you know beforehand... even IF there would be a problem getting a third class medical... if that Luscombe qualifies as Light Sport you don't need a medical to fly it. But if you get denied, it's full stop, unless you can jump through the additional hoops to get a "special issuance".

What @DaleB said. even if you have already filled up the MedXpress form, dont just hand it over to the AME's office. call them today and ask if he would do a consultation first, same exam without your application. if he enters your MedXpress application number in the system, there is no going back

Congratulations! My first airplane was a Luscombe 8E too and I still have and fly it 46 years later. Great little airplane. Cessna liked them so much they bought two of them. Enjoy!

Congratulations! My first airplane was a Luscombe 8E too and I still have and fly it 46 years later. Great little airplane. Cessna liked them so much they bought two of them. Enjoy!

WOW! That's amazing!!!

I bought a Luscombe in 2002 and got my Private in it. It was a great experience and I sold it in show winning condition only recently. I wasn’t flying it much as I bought another plane a few years ago. Unfortunately the new owner put the Luscombe on its back after only three days of ownership. There is a certain advantage to starting from nothing in a Luscombe, with a competent instructor, versus kidding yourself that you can fly one based on transfer of often inappropriate previous experience. Best of luck with your new plane, and I hope that learning to fly in it will be as rewarding for you as it was for me.

No plans to polish it. I do want to get rid of the existing paint, though, and put the good ol' Luscombe stripes on the side with the stylized "S" on the cowling.
please step away from the cyclo! nuvite is more addictive than crack!

Back