Rough day at work

The Great British Baking Show. "It's a bit... informal. But right scrummy."
There's a new season, but we can't binge it. On show a week. Argh. I have made Swiss buttercream Frosting, Sfogliatella, and even made a Vanilla custard the other night (had to do something with all the yolks left over from the frosting)

I'll punch an old lady, kick a small puppy dog, and then go on the forum to start a high wing vs. low wing thread.

We got a dog back in October, and while I was reluctant at first, I admit it's been fun having the slobbering goofball around. Makes it a lot harder to stay in a bad mood!

Last edited:
I swim.

Just me, the water, and that cute girl in the next lane that I try to peek at without getting caught.

Macallan, neat. Take a nice long walk. Have a decent meal. Skype with my better half, she just *knows* how to make me feel better. Then remember that I'll be home and out of yet another hotel at the end of the week - gives me something to hang onto. And whatever I do, never, ever take it home to her - learned that many, many years ago. A good marriage depends on it in my case.

airplane-lloyd-bridges-sniff-glue.jpg

Two fingers of good bourbon and kill around 300 people on Call of Duty.
My friends and I used to spend 8+ hours a day playing that on Xbox Live during the summer’s throughout high school.

No commitments, stresses or worries... just fun times!

Gosh, that was fun!!

I try to leave the stupidity at the gate when I leave work, but on the days that really bother me, I stop at the Beacon Cafe on the way home and have the big BLT and grilled potatoes before heading home. Doesn’t alway make the stupidity go away, but the belly feels much better...

The "Chuck Norris"! how about 9/20 or 9/21?

In fact... I think a thread is in order...

The "Chuck Norris"! how about 9/20 or 9/21?

In fact... I think a thread is in order...

Would have to be the 20th, as grill service is suspended for the weekends for the chef's bar thing. I usually get there about 7:30 or so, depending on traffic and trains, and sit at the bar.

Back