A-Fib?

Tommar98

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Tommar98
Ok...I really am asking for a friend. I've always seen that in a post and laugh...but I'm serious. So this guy is in his 60's. He's not feeling well, and goes to Dr. and he has a fever and low BP and discovers hes in tachycardia. Dr. calls ambulance and he goes into a-fib in ambulance but he converts on his own. He is discharged from hospital in 2 hrs. Dr. later determines that he had bad reaction to antibiotics he was taking for an injury to his finger. So, how would FAA handle this for 2nd or 3rd class medical? No other history of cardiovascular events. Thanks.

Dr. later determines that he had bad reaction to antibiotics he was taking for an injury to his finger.
Wonder what testing was done to conclude that etiology of the A-fib.

To clarify - not a first timer. Lots and lots of hours and ratings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To clarify - not a first timer. Lots and lots of hours and ratings

I think he meant first time reporting this condition.

You know - we have a medical section for these types of "asking for a friend" things.

I should know better. I dont know how to move it over to that section? “ Buehler? Buehler?”

Reposted in Medical

Reposted in Medical

I will move this current thread to Medical. Note that we do not allow cross-posting in more than one forum. We have deleted the duplicate post that did not have any replies.

this ... will require a full cardiac workup and a certificate would not be issued until the FAA was satisfied with the results.

'If this is a first-time application for an AASI for the above disease/condition, and the applicant has all the requisite medical information necessary for a determination, the Examiner must defer and submit all of the documentation to the AMCD or RFS for the initial determination.'

What tests: a bunch and it involves seeing a cardiologist or two, too!

Anyone in his 60s who had an episode of tachycardia should WANT to see a cardiologist!

Tachycardia is an arrhythmia, not Afib, isn't it?

Last edited:
90 days down;
Then:
stress treadmill
24 hour holter monitor showing good rate control
Echocardiogram
If on Coumadin, 5 of the last 6 evenly spaced INEs between 2.0 and 3.0.
Doc’s exam and dissertation

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back