Sluggish Prop Control

JJJ

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
flowturning
My friend had his DA40 prop replaced and when we went to do the runup the prop control would produce the proper RPM drop, but then when pushed fully forward, the RPM would just creep back up, at quite a slow rate..

It’s tough tracking down the mechanics at this place so I figured I’d ask here too. I’m curious if anyone has experienced this before? Is this something that will just loosen up on its own? We ended up cancelling the flight.

What had happened was the prop was replaced maybe 16 months ago or so because it had thrown its grease out, and the replacement worked fine, until a crack started to develop down the metal leading edge (MT), they send it out and put this one back on, not sure if it's the same one, and on the first flight we tried this runup issue occurred.

Crankshaft sludge maybe? When they replaced the prop, did they de-sludge the front oil passages in the crankshaft?

48719792723_ba280b44c3_c.jpg

Last edited:
I am not sure. Previous prop response was perfect. The Prop shop is saying it's a tension nut that should loosen up by 10-15 hours or they will have to take it back. Appreciate the responses.

Back