model years for 182 overhead windows

wheaties

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
wheaties
I can't seem to find this anywhere in the Googles. What years and model 182s had the overhead windows? Is there an STC to add them?

I wish they'd bring them back.

I bet there is a STC, I know there one from cubcrafters to add up to 5 to the skywagon

SkyInstall_19.jpg

I bet there is a STC, I know there one from cubcrafters to add up to 5 to the skywagon

That's a bit excessive...

I figured there are ways of mitigating all that sun when you least want it. Heck, even most bubble canopies in the experimental world have terrific sun shades built right in.

That's a bit excessive...

I figured there are ways of mitigating all that sun when you least want it. Heck, even most bubble canopies in the experimental world have terrific sun shades built right in.

“excessive”? Never heard of her lol

I used to want skylights in my 150, I'm glad I'm over all that because now I'm 15 years older and still flying when its over 95F and 80% humidity and those things would have been a silly add-on.

I flew a 1979 172 that had them as well. They were indeed called out on the W&B as an option. That plane spent a few years flying traffic patrol (picking up a Theilert Diesel in the process). It's still flying (and still has the windows). It was sitting out in front of the Continental booth this year at Oshkosh.

48494186297_f0bd2a4f75.jpg

Back