For Sale iFly 740

tmyers

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Tim Myers
I have an iFLY 740, about 5 years old, following is what I have.

The stuff that came when I purchased the iFLY
  • iFLY 740, (not the b)
  • Wireless Remote
  • Soft Case that came with the iFLY
  • Cigarette lighter adapter 12 VDC
  • AC Adapter
  • Windscreen mounting device (plastic still on the suction cup)
Items I purchased
  1. Ram adapter for back of iFLY
  2. Ram yoke mount
  3. Second 16GB SD card
  4. Screen protector that the iFly folks suggested, keeps you from scratching the screen.
I sold my Arrow about 4 years ago and my iFLY has been sitting in the old flight bag not being used. Time to let it go i think. I have pulled everything out to verify no operational issues including taking it to work with me to make sure it was seeing satellites and navigating as it should, there were no issues.

I have pictures of it if interested and can e-mail them to you if you want.

The subscription is about a year out of date and I always bought the full package with all the IFR charts as well.

A little history for the 740 vs the 740b. The 740 actually has a brighter screen than the 740b. When the 740 came out the price tag was $899 and I feel Adventure Pilot nearly priced themselves out of the market, (that’s just my take on it I am sure they might have a different opinion). The 1300 nits of brightness came at a huge price tag and thus the 740b was born with 1100 nits of brightness, and a lower price tag.

I spoke to support at Adventure pilot and they said that when they were selling refurbished 740's they sold for $799. I have seen refurbished 740b's for $499 and refurbished 720's for $299 that come with a warranty. Obviously mine would have no warranty. Even though it was a more expensive unit than the 740b I was thinking something in the middle like $399 for the GPS. The Ram adapter cost $25, and the Ram yoke mount $65. Because it has no warranty, I still think it needs to be reduced a bit so I was thinking 80% of $399 = $319, plus we could work something out for the Ram Accessories.

If interested message me.

Last edited:
These are great units! I have a 740 as my backup GPS and I use it more than my EFIS moving map.

I agree on the quality of these units, but most it seems would rather have a dimly lit iPad, with foreflight.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I have an iFLY 740, about 5 years old, following is what I have.

The stuff that came when I purchased the iFLY
  • iFLY 740, (not the b)
  • Wireless Remote
  • Soft Case that came with the iFLY
  • Cigarette lighter adapter 12 VDC
  • AC Adapter
  • Windscreen mounting device (plastic still on the suction cup)
Items I purchased
  1. Ram adapter for back of iFLY
  2. Ram yoke mount
  3. Second 16GB SD card
  4. Screen protector that the iFly folks suggested, keeps you from scratching the screen.
I sold my Arrow about 4 years ago and my iFLY has been sitting in the old flight bag not being used. Time to let it go i think. I have pulled everything out to verify no operational issues including taking it to work with me to make sure it was seeing satellites and navigating as it should, there were no issues.

I have pictures of it if interested and can e-mail them to you if you want.

The subscription is about a year out of date and I always bought the full package with all the IFR charts as well.

A little history for the 740 vs the 740b. The 740 actually has a brighter screen than the 740b. When the 740 came out the price tag was $899 and I feel Adventure Pilot nearly priced themselves out of the market, (that’s just my take on it I am sure they might have a different opinion). The 1300 nits of brightness came at a huge price tag and thus the 740b was born with 1100 nits of brightness, and a lower price tag.

I spoke to support at Adventure pilot and they said that when they were selling refurbished 740's they sold for $799. I have seen refurbished 740b's for $499 and refurbished 720's for $299 that come with a warranty. Obviously mine would have no warranty. Even though it was a more expensive unit than the 740b I was thinking something in the middle like $399 for the GPS. The Ram adapter cost $25, and the Ram yoke mount $65. Because it has no warranty, I still think it needs to be reduced a bit so I was thinking 80% of $399 = $319, plus we could work something out for the Ram Accessories.

If interested message me.
Do you still have the IFLY 740 for sale? I'm interested. Thanks

yes it is still for sale

Do you have all the accessories that came with the unit?
What is the price for the package including yoke mount?
How do you want payment? Thanks.

I am pretty sure everything i have is listed in the original posting, do you have any questions about what is on that list?

yes it is still for sale
I am pretty sure everything i have is listed in the original posting, do you have any questions about what is on that list?
Sorry, I went back and looked at the posting. Looks like you have everything that came with the GPS plus a screen protector and yoke mount. What is your price for the package? Thanks

How do you want payment?
you

would have to be a cashiers check, shipped after it clears
Do you have a PayPal account? If not, provide me with your name, address, and total.

And I can use PayPal, just need to take care of that from my home computer.

Back