It’s not difficult to become Captain of an airliner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor timing for such a joke...

Didn't bother me much. It's been long enough, and anyway, Dirty Harry.

Speaking of a can of worms, remember Zymugny's law, "Once opened, any can of worms can only be re-contained in a larger can." And of course his law of navigation, "no matter where you go there you are.":eek::rolleyes::p:p:p

Hmmm, missed it, was it this?

115446696_672b0ee3bb.jpg

Can't dwell on things forever. Pete Davidson (SNL comedian) lost his dad in 9/11. And if he can joke about it, I think the rest of us need to lighten up and realize things happen, and if someone want to make a joke about it, and you're offended by it, time to look in the mirror and figure out why. Especially since it's been 18 years.

Can't dwell on things forever. Pete Davidson (SNL comedian) lost his dad in 9/11. And if he can joke about it, I think the rest of us need to lighten up and realize things happen, and if someone want to make a joke about it, and you're offended by it, time to look in the mirror and figure out why. Especially since it's been 18 years.
I don't disagree, but maybe just let it alone this one day a year.

Frankly, when I clicked the headline I thought it be about POA members getting hired by the regionals. :D
bush-shoe-throw-03.gif
:D

This reminds me of the movie The Aristocats. What led to the making of that movie was Gilbert Gottfried cut a joke somewhere. I think it was some kind of Academy Awards type thang for comedians. It was awhile after 9/11. Joke was something about flight being delayed in connections at the World Trade Center. Someone called out from the audience “to soon.” So he launches into the ol’ Aristocats joke. That led to the movie. Hilarious movie to some, to others not

The release of "Dr. Strangelove" was delayed, and the line "a fella could have a pretty good weekend in Dallas" was over dubbed to "Vegas" following the Kennedy assassination.

And, if you haven't seen it. You should.

The release of "Dr. Strangelove" was delayed, and the line "a fella could have a pretty good weekend in Dallas" was over dubbed to "Vegas" following the Kennedy assassination.

And, if you haven't seen it. You should.
I didn't know that.

Dr. Stranglove is a great movie. It was also the beginning of a remarkable acting career, as James Earl Jones made his debut movie performance as LT Lothar Zoff.

When you censor comedy, never a good sign.

I mean seriously, 9/11 is it’s own sad joke, I mean look at all the nonsense the goverment got away with by invoking “9/11” or “never forget”, we have a army of blue gloved idiots squeezing balls, feeling up kids and old folks, seizing explosive toothpaste only to toss it in a garbage can in the middle of a yuuuge line of people, we go around invading random countries, reading our own citizens emails, bank accounts, stopping people and questioning them for driving down a road, and yet getting away from all that bill of right jibberish and common decency because “9/11”, all that’s fine with the Tammy and Tods of America but folks get their panties in a wad over a joke?

Circling the drain we are.

We are all entitled to our thoughts and beliefs. Having traveled and lived out of our country I agree we are not perfect but we are better than most. Those who do not learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat them...source unknown.

We are all entitled to our thoughts and beliefs. Having traveled and lived out of our country I agree we are not perfect but we are better than most. Those who do not learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat them...source unknown.

True, historically the bigger the government the smaller the citizen.

I personally don't find anything funny about 9/11. And there's nothing wrong with that position regardless of whether other people do.

What does that even mean?
To me, it means that increasing the amount of decisions the government is allowed to make for the people reduces the amount of decisions the people are allowed to make for themselves individually... you know... kind of the premise on which our country was founded... individual rights and opportunity, freedom from unfair and unreasonable government taxation and rule, a government that serves the people instead of the other way around... that kind of stuff. Silly, huh?

To me, it means that increasing the amount of decisions the government is allowed to make for the people reduces the amount of decisions the people are allowed to make for themselves individually... you know... kind of the premise on which our country was founded... individual rights and opportunity, freedom from unfair and unreasonable government taxation and rule, a government that serves the people instead of the other way around... that kind of stuff. Silly, huh?
I'll ask again: what does that even mean? Re-read the statement I responded to. He wasn't specific to any one country. What do you have to compare it to? I've lived on 3 different continents, and I generally find that people making these kind of statements have little to back them up besides blind patriotism. They sure do sound good though.

It's OK to laugh at this video because only about 36,000 Americans died in automobile crashes in 2018.
(NSFW language)

I'll ask again: what does that even mean? Re-read the statement I responded to. He wasn't specific to any one country. What do you have to compare it to? I've lived on 3 different continents, and I generally find that people making these kind of statements have little to back them up besides blind patriotism. They sure do sound good though.
You seem to be trying to not understand.

It's OK to laugh at this video because only about 36,000 Americans died in automobile crashes in 2018.
(NSFW language)

Most of those were pretty funny. Only two of the rollovers even looked like they had the potential to be fatal.

Driver’s “licensing” is a joke. There’s a large number of people who shouldn’t be PIC of a tricycle, let alone a 6000 lb automobile.

I particularly liked the dude listening to Danger Zone while a moron smacked a stopped school bus on his dash cam. LOL.

More fun, note how many people pull over and stop and help the other drivers. Nah. Just keep going so you can get home and upload the dash cam to YouTube and Instagram.

“Did you see that? Yeah that was bad...” top notch humans there. Just dial 911 while you munch on your cheeseburger (heart disease kills orders of magnitude more) and don’t stop to help, offer a copy of the dash cam footage, nah, nothing. Modern Americans.

They’re running late to get home and virtue signal on the Internet. Hahaha.

You seem to me to have rested your case before you started posting.
No, it's just that you don't have a substantive answer, so there's no reason for me to continue the discussion.

When you censor comedy, never a good sign.

I mean seriously, 9/11 is it’s own sad joke, I mean look at all the nonsense the goverment got away with by invoking “9/11” or “never forget”, we have a army of blue gloved idiots squeezing balls, feeling up kids and old folks, seizing explosive toothpaste only to toss it in a garbage can in the middle of a yuuuge line of people, we go around invading random countries, reading our own citizens emails, bank accounts, stopping people and questioning them for driving down a road, and yet getting away from all that bill of right jibberish and common decency because “9/11”, all that’s fine with the Tammy and Tods of America but folks get their panties in a wad over a joke?

Circling the drain we are.

Amen. I think the biggest tragedy from 9/11 are the personal freedoms we lost, and the giant boost the military/industrial complex got.

What does that even mean?

Larger government breed dependent people. If your government gets large enough, you stop having citizens at all, they become subjects. I feel we're much close to the subject side than we were when I was a kid in the 70s.

Groundpounder, what personal freedoms did we loose?

I don't think it's a matter of officially losing things so much as just quitting on them. A right not exercised is a right lost.

if you'd like an explicit one, open carry, at least in most states. In NC, it was lost without a law being passed, a judge just decided that it ought be wrong to scare other people.

Groundpounder, what personal freedoms did we loose?

Well we could make a list, but probably the most important one is that Citizens can be held indefinitely without due process as long as someone labels them a “terrorist” now.

Key word is Citizen in the above statement.

The rest of the security theatre and Constitution destroying list would get the thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back