Pre-purchase inspection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When a mechanic shop is insured then yes he/she can be held liable for it.

I rarely post in threads like this but I have to point out that your quote above is a totally incorrect statement. Liability is not dependent on insurance. The aggrieved pilot's ability to collect any judgment may well be dependent on insurance, although I am sure that somewhere there is a mechanic or maintenance shop who/that has sufficient unprotected assets to NOT be judgment proof. Go find him or that shop and sue away.

There are a lot of uncollectible judgments out there just waiting in case the losing party somehow comes into money....

-Skip

Got lucky on my prepurchase, found an expert on that plane and rotax about an hour away.
He found a couple of issues that the well-known and reputable seller fixed at a cost of around 8AMU’s.

Quite happy with it so far, and it was money well spent. Should be home and in a hangar by this weekend, weather cooperating.

I'm glad you're not my mechanic too.

If you get your prebuy done by some 3rd rate mechanic working out of his home garage then that's your problem. My prebuy inspection is being done by a Certified Cirrus Service Center. I already asked them if they are insured regarding the things I mentioned and they said yes. So what's the problem again?

The "boutique" shops will charge extra and run up repairs in short order as they represent the buyer (helps the buyer get a better price). I used FletchAIR when I bought my Tiger and my buyer wanted to use them as well when I SOLD my Tiger. My maintenance is always to the max, so basically they had a zero list when I sold my Tiger (which I thought was a miracle). They did produce a list of "nice things to consider for the future" that were not airworthy issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back