Freeport TAF

...... why are you surprised at seeing a boat registered in FL in the Bahamas?

-Skip

Mainly the size of the boat and the distance to Exuma from FL. In Bimini I wouldn't be very surprised about seeing that size of boat. The other reason it surprised me was that it was claimed to be a rental, which I would have thought might need to be registered in the Bahamas.

@Croomrider Mainly the size of the boat and the distance to Exuma from FL. In Bimini I wouldn't be very surprised about seeing that size of boat. The other reason it surprised me was that it was claimed to be a rental, which I would have thought might need to be registered in the Bahamas.

I agree that it is strange if it is a rental.

Back in my mis-spent youth my brother and I (ok, Dad helped, too) built from a kit, an 8' planing pram. It was designed for a 5 hp outboard. We doubled the thickness of the stern, and rocked a 10hp outboard with a racing prop on it. We took that boat on her own bottom and under her own power from Long Island Sound to Bath, ME. Sure, the Mother Ship (parent's boat) was always in sight, providing all the comforts of home including towing services when the sea kicked up.

So from that experience I saw, and still see, nothing unusual about boats that at first glance are out of position. Who knows how it got there? Certainly I don't. But I am not surprised.

-Skip

High-wing or low-wing preference for hurricane flight?

Either. The apparently indestructible P-3 Orion (low wing) has a long history of hurricane hunter flights, as does the apparently indestructible C-130 Hercules (high wing). You will have to look elsewhere to start the latest version of the High wing/Low wing Holy War.

:)

-Skip

Back