IFD 540 offer

$12,500 from me. Same free transponder.

$12,500 from me. Same free transponder.
What if we don't need the glide slope indicator or the ADSB-Out or the remote transponder? How much to just swap out a GNS530W

That is not an installed price unless we are just sliding out a 530W and sliding in the 540, but the transponder would require an installation fee. Installation is usually about $1,500-2,000 including the wiring harnesses. Repurposing existing harnesses, like a 480 or 430/530 non-WAAS would be less expensive. There are a lot of options for indicators. If anybody wants a quote they can contact me via email. There are literally dozens of options for different combinations of indicators, EFISes, audio panels, replaced equipment, etc.

Hypothetically, if someone has a 430W and wants to do either a 440 or 540 (assume they have a huge panel, but the audio pane is right above the 430w), is it usually just a matter of reloing the audio panel up a couple of inches to squeeze in the 540? for that tiny price difference, the 540 seems compelling.

Addtionally, if you've already got a GTX345, are you gaining any features to go with the avidyne transponder (integration?) or are you better off to generally keep the 345? I highly value ADSB in

Hypothetically, if someone has a 430W and wants to do either a 440 or 540 (assume they have a huge panel, but the audio pane is right above the 430w), is it usually just a matter of reloing the audio panel up a couple of inches to squeeze in the 540? for that tiny price difference, the 540 seems compelling.

Addtionally, if you've already got a GTX345, are you gaining any features to go with the avidyne transponder (integration?) or are you better off to generally keep the 345? I highly value ADSB in
My understanding is that you can swap the 430W for the 440 with a slide in. To go from the 430W to the 540 it's a simple tray swap with the same connector and of course you'd need the expanded room. After flying with my IFD, I love the decision to upgrade with them. No regrets.

I too had a GTX345. I simply wanted the clean look of the remote transponder and that combined with being sick and tired of not seeing all the traffic ATC issues me (especially when they are IFR), I decided to upgrade with the AXP322 and their SkyTrax active traffic/ADS-B in system. It will paint the complete traffic picture while getting all the ADS-B in benefits.

I would recommend keeping the GTX345. It will play nicely with the IFD. I certainly would recommend the 540, though. I usually recommend the 440 when going with a big EFIS like the Dynon HDX, but without a big PFD/mfd, the 540 is a big deal.

Back