You must make a (hypothetical) choice...

Which plane do you choose?

• Cirrus

Votes: 27 39.1%
  • Grumman

Votes: 15 21.7%

Votes: 27 39.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

flhrci

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
David
A terrible disaster has befallen aviation. All aircraft around the world have been made nonairworthy except for three, and you want to go flying. Those three are @SixPapaCharlie's low-wing Grumman and Cirrus and @denverpilot's high-wing Cessna 182. Which do you choose?

Hmm... that’s a tough decision...

2E8E8B40-50BD-471A-A7BA-CE7EADE19CF6.gif

Yup, eliminate that one! You still have between two to pick from

:D

SneakyPertinentHorseshoecrab-size_restricted.gif

If it's a FIKI Turbo Cirrus, then the Cirrus, otherwise the 182. I'm too lazy to go look up the relevant posters.

Where is Captain Obvious when we need him?

Cirrus: Too expensive for its performance
Grumman: Can't even spell performance

182: Only acceptable answer, even though the wings are in the wrong place.

Where is Captain Obvious when we need him?

Cirrus: Too expensive for its performance
Grumman: Can't even spell performance

182: Only acceptable answer, even though the wings are in the wrong place.

giphy.gif

It's mission dependent.. but either the Cirrus, or the 182 :eek: . Other than (some) flying qualities I can't think of an application where I would prefer a Grumman over a 182 if the Cirrus is not an option

I'll take the Cirrus and I've never flown one!

The poll doesn't say the world is ending (Zombie Apocalpyse :)) just that only 3 aircraft types airworthy. I'll take the speed and comfort of the Cirrus over our old 182 any day...unless this is about ownership then I'll stick with the 182 annuals vs the sr22t annuals.

Low wing Grumman? Damn, I was hoping for an Albatross. Or at the very least a Widgeon.

Oh, wait. The closest thing I could operate legally would be one of those ugly-ass Grumman mail trucks. Never mind. Given the conditions outlined, I'll keep building.

Other than (some) flying qualities I can't think of an application where I would prefer a Grumman over a 182 if the Cirrus is not an option

Expensive gas?

Guess what happens to the market values of those three models when all others are condemned to the scrapyard. The cheapest will be worth about $3 million.

For fun I would choose the Grumman, for hauling a load the 182, cirrus for the rest.

There's a lot more room for modification (extra fuel) and easy access if you're wearing immersion suits and the like in the 182 compared to either of the others.

Grumman would get the most flight time with me out of the trio

In easy living times, the Grumman would be my choice.

If the SHTF, a 182 would be more valuable than a dumpster full of cash...

182. Familiarity breeds.... Well... Familiarity.
I've only flown in one low wing... Some T tailed trainer... (Can't remember if it was a Beech or a Piper).

Having flown all three, I like them all. But I'd choose the Cirrus if an SR22. The 182 otherwise.

SR22 hands down. It fits my flying needs the best of those three.

Back