What in the

Hell, even google image was like.... WTF, over?

Can you give us some sort of hint? Where did you find it?

Under your airplane in the hangar?
At the end of a garden hose?
Did someone throw it through your front window?
Did it fall off your pressure washer? (it looks like some sort of pressure enhancer).

ooh it does look like a pressure washer tip

7F47FF5B-DFE7-4AB4-A1FF-1C840B6FD063.jpeg 5CBA22B0-DF06-47D3-B4F9-9829AE7D6700.jpeg I’m not being funny, I have no idea what it is. When I bought the empennage kit that I am building, I got a box of tools, this was in the box. I assumed it was some sort of tool that had to do with building. I have asked a couple of guys who have built RV’s and they have no idea what it is either. Here are a couple more pictures. That isn’t a blade, this looks more like a biting thing.

View attachment 77643 View attachment 77644 I’m not being funny, I have no idea what it is. When I bought the empennage kit that I am building, I got a box of tools, this was in the box. I assumed it was some sort of tool that had to do with building. I have asked a couple of guys who have built RV’s and they have no idea what it is either. Here are a couple more pictures. That isn’t a blade, this looks more like a biting thing.
That first pic that just shows the surface did make it look like some sort of blade, now I can see the knurled edge.

I have no idea, but when someone figures it out, I'm sure I'll say, "Well, duh!"

That there is one of them leavitrights. (pronounced leave it right)

You look at it, wonder what it is, then you leave it right where you found it.

I work with a couple of machinists. If this is part of a tool, they've probably seen it. I'll ask around tomorrow.

It isn't some sort of capstan? Looks like the "tool" side attaches to something and then the spindle or spool might be for winding something over it?

Looks like a part for the Ronco Bass-O-Matic. If you are old enough to remember.

40b3b7f150d20b6fe2c8439fca3c5990.jpg

I find that it's best to throw unknown objects away immediately. As soon as you get them covered in a couple weeks of oily rags, excess fuel tank sealant, and used sticky mouse traps, you will figure out what they are for.

I find that it's best to throw unknown objects away immediately. As soon as you get them covered in a couple weeks of oily rags, excess fuel tank sealant, and used sticky mouse traps, you will figure out what they are for.

For sure throwing them out is the fastest way to determine what they are for. You will figure it out as the Garbage truck is pulling away from the curb with it.

I was going to guess a nozzle from an crop duster or water jet. Shows what I know. :(

And immediately you throw it away you find it is a $534.75 tool that it absolutely necessary to the project you are working on.

Jim
It's also usually on 20-week backorder from the supplier in Barrow with the only shipping options being dogsled or wait for the ice to thaw.

When I first saw it, I immediately thought, "Oh, a drill guide". I have (or had) one of the clear plastic variety, witht he screw-in bushings. Then I saw what turned out to be the notch for a retaining screw, and that threw me -- had no idea wha tthe heck it was, even though it looked a whole lot like a drill guide.

I guess that's what happens when you buy the lesser variety of tools, it makes it hard to recognize the really nice stuff.

Back