Looking for AA contact (reimbursement)

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
AA is doing a good job at hiding the place to request compensation on their website; can anyone direct me to a link?

(Gate agent promised, yes verbally, $150 towards hotel following canclx due to pilot time-out, wish me luck)

Good luck!

I am surprised they didn’t issue anything to you right there at the gate.

Har! I kept getting promised refunds from seat upgrades they weren't able to deliver due to their own malfeasance. Finally, I protested all the upgrades with Citibank (the purchases were on my AA credit card from them). American's incompetence (or malfeasance) on issuing the refunds apparently extends to answering the complaints from their card partners. They never responded so Citi gave me all the charges back (including the ones for seats that I did get the upgrade for).

It's not looking good; regulations do not require compensation in most cases.
Let's hope the company policy is more lenient and that the gate agent has not lied to me.

The implication in my post, is that if you can't get AA to respond, protest the charge for the ticket with the credit card you used.

AA has responded, promises a check in the full amount requested within 21 days.

oh, these tickets were purchased through expedia.
Am told you cannot make a claim against AA by contesting a charge on your cc from Expedia.
I did however, when this all arose, make a claim against all their %&# baggage fees which we paid for with a cc and they have not contested our claim so far!

Am told you cannot make a claim against AA by contesting a charge on your cc from Expedia.
Told by whom? You most certainly can file a claim. Expedia and American can duke it out but you've got a strong chance of getting the money back.

From the thread title, I thought it was going to be about meetings.

Well first of all AA sucks, now that I have said that.
I have never had a gate agent with AA have the authority to issue vouchers. Every single time you have to wait in "customer service" (oxymoron if there ever was one) and get in queue with 20 other people who are all also unhappy. Last time it took almost 20 minutes for them to process giving me vouchers, which I think would be a simple transaction. Never have I seen so much key punching and thinking..... I could have bought the whole damn thing online in less time. Not to mention the taxi voucher they give, the driver wouldn't accept it, I about lost my sh** with that one, luckily another driver took it as I was about to call somebody and make a hell of a scene. I am reasonably sure the terms of carriage of allowing the cabs into for pickups require them to pick anybody up. AA sucks.

Back