Re-installing seats in a Cessna 150H

Billy Forbess

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Billy
Hello All, I am a new member and need some help. I just completed my owner assisted annual and I am having trouble re-installing my seats. can anyone help me please. What is the correct procedure for getting them back in. I know it should be easy but it is not for me.
Any advice or instructions will be much appreciated.
Billy

If the annual is complete, the seats should already be in. Ask the IA who did your annual for assistance. The assisted part goes both ways.

Hello All, I am a new member and need some help. I just completed my owner assisted annual and I am having trouble re-installing my seats. can anyone help me please. What is the correct procedure for getting them back in. I know it should be easy but it is not for me.
Any advice or instructions will be much appreciated.
Billy

Welcome to the forum, Billy. Here's how I do it in my 172F; yours is probably similar:

1. Place the seat all the way back so the rear rollers are just behind the rear end of the track.
2. Engage the seat flanges just below the top of the track. The rollers should rest on top.
3. Slide seat all the way forward until the front rollers are just ahead of the front end of the track.
4. Repeat step 2 for the front rollers. You will need to apply downward and rearward pressure on the front of the seat cushion, while also pulling up on the adjustment lever to allow the seat to move rearward.
5. When you think all four rollers are engaged, double check by pulling up on all four corners.
6. Re-install any movement limiting devices if applicable.

Welcome to the forum, Billy. Here's how I do it in my 172F; yours is probably similar:

1. Place the seat all the way back so the rear rollers are just behind the rear end of the track.
2. Engage the seat flanges just below the top of the track. The rollers should rest on top.
3. Slide seat all the way forward until the front rollers are just ahead of the front end of the track.
4. Repeat step 2 for the front rollers. You will need to apply downward and rearward pressure on the front of the seat cushion, while also pulling up on the adjustment lever to allow the seat to move rearward.
5. When you think all four rollers are engaged, double check by pulling up on all four corners.
6. Re-install any movement limiting devices if applicable.

The 150 is a lot different from the 172. It's really tight, with short rails and a raised ledge at the aft end of them that makes reinstallation a real pain. And getting the seat stops back in is lots of fun, too, since there' s no room under the seat and little behind it. A bit of a Chinese puzzle. The 172 is wide open and a piece of cake compared to a 150.

First off, you should be a member of the Cessna 150/152 Club as they are a wealth of information. To answer your question, on my 1976 150M, you had to slide the seat forward so that the rear seat rollers/slides engage the rails at the forward end of the rails. You then slide the seat rearward and engage the forward rollers/slides onto the rails. Make sure all the roller/slides are actually engaging the rails. After the seat can slide back and forth correctly and the adjustment stop correctly engages the holes drilled in the rail, install the forward stop so that the seat cannot slide forward off the rails. Hope this helps.

Back