Beautiful British Airways TV advert

I love the legacy liveries they are using this year

Thanks for that. Brought back a lot of pleasant memories flying BA when I lived in the Persian Gulf.

I kept a flat in Central London for four of those years while I was running simultaneous projects in North Africa and Kazakhstan, and I was back and forth at least twice a month. The flights from the Gulf arrived at Heathrow about 6:30 am. One morning the flight arrived at daybreak and as we banked over the Thames all of London was bathed in this most spectacular crystal clear early morning light - the London Eye, Westminster, Windsor, the red tile roofs, accented with long shadows, all of it looked like a perfect miniature set.

Used some of my points to fly my in-laws First Class from North America to London for my British-born mother-in-law's 80th birthday. They had never flown anywhere other than in Economy. I think she imagined she was the Queen.

The famous "Face" advert , and a couple of other favourite BA ads of mine from that era, including the one with the inimitable P.J. O'Rourke.

What's that thing in his hand?

Clipboard01.jpg

Ok, it's a TV commercial for an airline. But this one was exceptionally well done.

The music is a piece called "The Aviators" by Helen Jane Long.

Love the shots of the Dragon Rapide, inside and out. Anybody notice the unique pilot's position?

Ok, it's a TV commercial for an airline. But this one was exceptionally well done.

The music is a piece called "The Aviators" by Helen Jane Long.
Excellent ad...
It came out in late 2011 as part of BA’s promotion for the 2012 London Olympics.

Back